Surabaya –
National Police Chief General Listyo Sigit Prabowo emphasized the National Police’s commitment to resolving the case of throwing acid on KontraS activist Andrie Yunus. General Sigit said he had received direct orders from President Prabowo Subianto to investigate the case.
“Regarding the development of the activist attack, I have received direct orders from the President to carry out a thorough investigation in a professional, transparent manner,” said General Sigit to journalists after inspecting the homecoming flow at Surabaya Gubeng Station, East Java, Sunday (15/3/2026).
SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT
General Sigit explained that his party would use scientific methods to uncover this case. Information collection continues to be carried out by the team in the field.
“The steps we are taking of course still prioritize Scientific Crime Investigation. Currently we are collecting information, and we will later examine this information one by one,” he said
General Sigit added that the police had moved under the coordination of the National Police Headquarters and Polda Metro Jaya. Case developments will be provided periodically to the public.
Previously, the acid attack on KontraS Deputy Coordinator Andrie Yunus occurred on Jalan Salemba, Central Jakarta, on Thursday (12/3) evening. The victim suffered burns of up to 24 percent after being doused by two unknown men on a motorbike.
This case sparked widespread criticism from various parties, including former KPK leader Novel Baswedan and former DKI Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan who visited the victim in hospital.
(rdp/hri)
