The draft peace plan for Russia and Ukraine proposed by the United States (US) and supported by President Donald Trump is starting to be revealed. There is a price that Ukraine must pay which is revealed in the draft peace plan to end the conflict that has been going on since 2022.
Summarized detikcomFriday (21/11/2025), in the peace plan which contains 28 points, Kyiv is said to be handing over most of its eastern territory to Russia and reducing the number of its troops.
Ukraine, according to the peace plan, must also promise never to join the NATO alliance and will not get the Western peacekeepers it wants, although European warplanes will be stationed in Poland to protect Ukraine.
SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT
A US official who declined to be named, as reported by AFP, Friday (21/11/2025), said the draft peace plan included strong security guarantees for Kyiv, modeled on NATO rules, which would bind the US and its European allies to respond to any attack on Ukraine.
Meanwhile, Russia will be readmitted to the G8 group of countries and given sanctions relief under the peace plan, which US officials say is still a “working document”.
Under the draft peace plan, obtained by AFP, Ukraine will withdraw from the Lugansk and Donetsk regions. Those two regions, along with Crimea which Moscow annexed in 2014, “will be legally recognized de-facto as Russian territory, including by the United States.”
Meanwhile, the Kherson and Zaporizhzhia regions, previously unilaterally annexed by Russia, will be “frozen along the line of contact”.
Ukraine Asked to Reduce Its Military Forces
Table of Contents
- Ukraine Asked to Reduce Its Military Forces
- Respons Ukraine
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on Thursday (20/11) stated that Ukraine was “ready to work honestly and openly”, as he committed to following up on peace proposals from the United States (US) without disrupting ongoing diplomatic efforts.”Ukraine needs peace and we will do everything so that no one can say that we are hindering diplomacy. This is important,” Zelenskyy said in his speech. He emphasized that Ukraine would not make hasty statements.According to him, the main focus currently is maintaining a constructive diplomatic process with the US and international partners. He emphasized the importance of consistent support for the Ukrainian military and all planned defense operations, including long-range attacks.Russia Doesn’t Know Zelensky Is Ready to Discuss
Ukraine will also reduce the number of its military forces by slightly less than half, namely to just 600,000 personnel. In return, Kyiv will get “reliable security guarantees”, with European fighter jets stationed in neighboring Poland.
According to the peace plan, Ukraine must also hold new elections within 100 days.
Russia’s return to the G8 is outlined in the US peace plan, which calls for Moscow to be “reintegrated into the global economy”. Sanctions will be reintroduced if Moscow invades Ukraine again.
The proposal involves major concessions from Ukraine, which has previously refused to cede any territory, and on the other hand, appears to meet many of Russia’s maximalist demands following the 2022 invasion. A Ukrainian official accused Russia of bringing the proposal to the US.
The White House denied reports that Washington developed the proposal with Moscow. The White House emphasized that both parties were involved in working together to develop the peace plan over the past month.
According to the peace plan, Trump would lead a “peace council” to oversee a ceasefire, similar to the Gaza ceasefire.
Respons Ukraine
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on Thursday (20/11) stated that Ukraine was “ready to work honestly and openly”, as he committed to following up on peace proposals from the United States (US) without disrupting ongoing diplomatic efforts.
“Ukraine needs peace and we will do everything so that no one can say that we are hindering diplomacy. This is important,” Zelenskyy said in his speech. He emphasized that Ukraine would not make hasty statements.
According to him, the main focus currently is maintaining a constructive diplomatic process with the US and international partners. He emphasized the importance of consistent support for the Ukrainian military and all planned defense operations, including long-range attacks.
Russia Doesn’t Know Zelensky Is Ready to Discuss
The Kremlin or the Russian presidential office admitted that it had not received information about Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky’s response to the peace plan proposed by the United States (US), and supported by President Donald Trump.
The Kremlin, as reported by Reuters and TASS News Agency, Friday (21/11/2025), admitted that it had not been informed that Ukraine was ready to carry out negotiations around the peace plan supported by Trump.
The Kremlin’s response was revealed by Russian journalist Alexander Yunashev after speaking to Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov.
“Peskov stated that Moscow had not been informed about Zelensky’s agreement to negotiate based on Trump’s peace plan,” Yunashev wrote on his Telegram account.
Page 2 of 2
(yld/yld)
