Banser Protests KPK: Yaqut Khalil Questioning

by Archynetys News Desk
Jakarta

Banser masses began arriving at the Red and White KPK building, Kuningan, South Jakarta. They arrived when the former Minister of Religion (Menag) Yaqut Cholil Qoumas (YCQ) was still being investigated by the KPK as a suspect in the Hajj quota corruption case.

Monitoring detikcom at the location, Thursday (12/3/2026), the Banser crowd started arriving at 16.42 WIB. They appeared to arrive using motorbikes, cars and even buses.


SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT



Arriving in front of the KPK’s Red and White building, the Banser crowd immediately took up positions and delivered speeches in support of Yaqut. Some of the Banser crowd were seen removing the barbed wire that had been installed by the police.

The police also continued to be on guard to monitor the actions carried out by the Banser crowd. The entrance gate to the KPK’s Red and White building was closed by security forces.

It is known that former Minister of Religion (Menag) Yaqut Cholil Qoumas (YCQ) was present to fulfill the KPK’s summons for questioning today. Yaqut denied that the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) had said that he had asked for a postponement of today’s examination.

Yaqut arrived at the KPK’s Red and White building at 13.05 WIB. Yaqut was present accompanied by his team of legal advisors.

Yaqut was present wearing a white shirt wrapped in a black jacket and cap. When he arrived at the KPK building, Yaqut didn’t say much. However, he denied that he had asked for a postponement of today’s examination.

“Yes, I attended an invitation from KPK investigators. Bismillah. There’s no such thing (asking for a postponement of the investigation),” said Yaqut to journalists at the location.

Also watch the video ‘Yaqut complies with KPK’s summons, denies asking for postponement of examination’:

Page 2 of 2

(kuf/maa)





Related Posts

Leave a Comment