North Korea Casualties & EU Arms Spending – 2024 Update

by Archynetys World Desk

The assassin of the Ukrainian deputy denies any link with Moscow

The Ukrainian suspected of having murdered the deputy and ex-president of the Parliament Andriï Paroubiy on Saturday, recognized the murder but denied any link with Russia and invoked a Personal revengeaccording to videos published by Ukrainian media Tuesday September 2.

“Yes, I admit that I killed him”said this man from the court, denying any collaboration with Moscow, contrary to what certain media asserted, and ensuring that it was a “Personal revenge on the Ukrainian authorities” After the death of his son on the front

Putin does not want to compromise the “security” of Russia

Vladimir Putin said the ” security “ Russia should not be compromised by a peace agreement with Ukraine, which wishes to obtain security guarantees to dissuade Moscow from invading it again.

“It is a decision specific to Ukraine to choose how to ensure its safety”said the Russian president, during a meeting with Slovak Prime Minister in Beijing, broadcast on television. “But his security (…) cannot be assured to the detriment of that of other countries, including Russia”he added.

2,000 North Korean soldiers killed in the Russian-Ukrainian conflict

About 2,000 North Korean soldiers were killed in the Russian-Ukrainian conflict, said a South Korean deputy, citing figures from the intelligence services in his country, after a meeting with the latter.

In April, they “Estimated the number of deaths at least 600” But on the basis of updated assessments, they “Now estimate this figure about 2,000”the deputy Lee Seong-Kweun told the press after an information meeting with the South Korean National Intelligence Service (NIS).

The secret services of South Korea in the South and Western countries said that Pyongyang had sent more than 10,000 soldiers in 2024 to the Russian region of Koursk at the time of an offensive in kyiv, as well as artillery, missiles and long -range roquette systems.

Record of arms expenditure in the EU expected in 2025

Arms expenses in the European Union will reach a new record this year at 381 billion euros, the European Defense Agency (EDA) announced.

They had reached 343 billion euros last year, which was already a record level compared to 2023, according to the latest figures published by this EU agency specializing in defense issues.

“Europe devotes records for its defense, to ensure the security of our citizens, and we will not stop there”said the head of diplomacy of the European Union Kaja Kallas, which chairs EDA.

Related Posts

Leave a Comment