Morrison’s Fight: Suspect’s Father Speaks Out | [Location/News Source]

by Archynetys News Desk

After the tragic incident at the Morrison’s 2 nightclub in Budapest, the father of the suspect also spoke to Blikk, who revealed that his 28-year-old son moved from Transylvania to Hungary a few years ago with his fiancée, with whom they lovingly raised their five-year-old son.

He said that there was never even a similar incident in their family, and that his son was not raised like this. He recalled that a serious accident happened to his son and his family in the summer: they were traveling in a car in Transylvania, when the man driving the vehicle had a heart attack and the car crashed into a bus. The suspect’s mother, who was sitting behind the driver, lost her life, as did the driver. Although the little boy was in a child seat, he still had several broken bones. The events took a heavy toll on the suspect, who did not speak to anyone for a long time after the accident, and completely withdrew into himself.

The father also said that he learned about his son’s detention from the police the following day, Sunday, but at first he did not want to believe the news. Although he hasn’t been able to speak to him personally since then, he learned from his partner that the boy had injuries: one eye was severely swollen and he also suffered rib injuries, which he claims may have been caused by the security guards.

I have no idea why my son, who had never harmed anyone before, could turn out so badly. I can only think that they must have scolded his recently deceased mother, I can’t imagine anything else. He’s not usually that aggressive. I apologize to the family of my son’s victim

said the father.

According to the perpetrator, the victim wanted to fight

On the night of November 29, a 25-year-old man died in Morrison’s club after he got into an argument with 28-year-old A. László, who, according to his claim, gave him “preemptive blows”. The man suspected of the crime of bodily injury causing death was arrested by the police on the spot, and during the interrogation he admitted that he hit the 25-year-old, but according to his claim, he only did it because he wanted to fight with him.

On the morning of the tragedy, the victim’s mother called the perpetrator to account on her Facebook page: “whatever punishment you get, but I hope you don’t get away with it for a few years, you will rot in prison, it was up to me, you would get the death penalty, because such a wretch who cannot be called a human has no place in a society,” the mother said in her post. He emphasized that there is no excuse for such an act, and that the tragedy changed his family’s life forever.

The perpetrator was arrested by the police on December 2. Ferenc Rab, the deputy spokesperson of the Capital City Prosecutor’s Office, said that the court ordered the arrest of the man suspected of the crime of homicide due to the risk of escape and hiding. He added that the prosecutor’s office appealed to establish the risk of recidivism, and the suspect and his lawyer appealed to avoid arrest.

(Cover photo: Zsófi Szollár / Index)