the king Charles III referred to Australia during a guided tour outside one of the UK’s leading art galleries, shortly after it was revealed that his little son, Prince Harry, and Meghan Markle are planning a visit to the country that is part of the Commonwealth and recognizes the British king as sovereign and head of state.
The 77-year-old king was “very interested” in seeing the exhibition Turner and Constable: Rivals and Originals from the Tate Gallery in London, which commemorates the 250th anniversary of the birth of the artists JMW Turner and John Constable. Charles III saw almost 200 works of art, including rare loans from private and public collections around the world, leading him to wonder “how many others” could be hidden “in Australia or something.” This provoked laughter from the exhibition’s curator, Amy Concannon, who told the King that the painting had been in Tasmania until its recent discovery.in reference to a painting by Turner that had been lost for years. “This is truly wonderful,” said the British sovereign, contemplating the painting.
Visit to Australia of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
Coincidentally, this visit took place shortly after Prince Harry and Meghan will travel to Australia in April, almost seven years after their tour of Australia and the South Pacific as working royals, as announced this week. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex They will land in Sydney and Melbourne in mid-Aprilwith a couple of projects already announced.
Meghan will be a speaker at the exclusive “Your Best Life” retreat, hosted by radio star Jackie “O” Henderson’s events company, from April 17-19. Meghan will also appear as a guest star on the company’s podcast of the same name Besties. Meanwhile, Harry will be one of the keynote speakers at the InterEdge Summit, where he will talk about mental health at work. His website reads: “Prince Harry has dedicated his life to serving and uplifting communities, while emphasizing the importance of our collective mental health in his global philanthropy and advocacy work.”
A spokesperson for the couple said: “Prince Harry and Meghan, Duke and Duchess of Sussex, will visit Australia in mid-April to participate in a variety of private, business and philanthropic events. More details will be shared soon.” The King last saw his youngest son in September, when they met him for less than an hour for tea at Buckingham Palace during Harry’s visit to the United Kingdom.



