Iran-US Talks Unlikely: Iran Dismisses Quick Recovery

by Archynetys World Desk

The Iranian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Abbas Araghchi, dismissed a rapid resumption of discussions with the United States on his nuclear program on Monday and repeated that Tehran had to make sure that Washington would not engage new strikes on Iran.



“I do not think that the negotiations will resume so quickly,” said the Iranian diplomacy chief interviewed on the CBS channel on Donald Trump’s statements, who said discussions could resume this week.

“So that we decide to re -engage ourselves (in talks), we will first have to be sure that America will not target us again by a military attack during negotiations,” said Araghchi.









“We still need time,” he added, stressing, however, that “the doors of diplomacy will never close”.

Araghchi was also asked about the statements of the boss of the International Atomic Energy Agency (AIEA), Rafael Grossi, who estimated that Iran had technical capacities to start enriching uranium in “a few months”.

“You cannot destroy the technology and science of enrichment by bombing,” said the Iranian minister. “If we have the will to progress again in this sector, and this will exist, we can quickly repair the damage and make up for lost time,” he added.





Previously, the Iranian Foreign Affairs Deputy Minister, Majid Takht-Ravanchi, said in an interview with the BBC that Washington and Tehran had not agreed on “a date” or on the “modalities” for a takeover of the discussions.

Donald Trump said on Monday that he “has (had) nothing” to Iran, to whom he “did not speak (have)”, a few days after warning that he would not hesitate to bomb the country again if he sought to acquire the atomic weapon.

Israel opened hostilities on June 13 by bombing Iran and killing its main military officials and scientists linked to its nuclear program, with the displayed objective of preventing Tehran from acquiring the atomic bomb.

The United States joined the offensive of its Israeli ally by bombing three nuclear sites on the night of June 21 to 22.

After 12 days of reciprocal bombing, a ceasefire entered into force on June 24, imposed by Donald Trump.





Related Posts

Leave a Comment