Early this Friday morning, a magnitude 5.0 earthquake with epicenter in Guerrero, shook Mexico City.
According to the SSN, the tremor was located 19 km southwest of San Marcos at 00:42:56. Previously the organization reported magnitudes of 5.2. and 5.3.
Until now there are no effects reported. The Federal Electricity Commission reported that the electricity supply in the country functions normally.
Until 1:30 in the morning they had reported 4,657 replicas of the earthquake.
President Claudia Sheinbaum Pardo reported:
Table of Contents
“So far no damage has been reported from the earthquake of preliminary magnitude 5.2 recorded at 00:42 with the epicenter in San Marcos, Guerrero. The National Coordination of Civil Protection begins the review protocol.”
For her part, the head of government of CDMX, Clara Brugada, indicated:
“Condors fly over the city, emergency and security protocols are activated by the @SSC_CDMX and the @SGIRPC_CDMX.”
He added that as part of the security protocol, the SGIRPC CDMX teams, the Secretariat of Works, the Secretariat of Security, Firefighters and the Secretariat of Mobility carry out inspections on vehicular bridges and integrated mobility infrastructure; for now, without relevant news.
“Also, they support neighbors who remain outside their homes with flags. We continue to inform.”

The governor of Guerrero, Evelyn Salgado, reported:
“A few minutes ago an earthquake was felt in Guerrero. Through the Secretariat of Comprehensive Risk Management and Civil Protection Guerrero we immediately activated the corresponding protocols.
“In any emergency, call 911. We will keep the information updated in our official accounts. Take care of yourselves!”
“After the recent earthquake with its epicenter in San Marcos, Guerrero, the Civil Protection protocols were activated and so far there have been no reports of injuries or damage to the infrastructure in our units.”
STC Metro
For his part, the General Director of Metro Collective Transportation System of CDMX, Adrián Ruvalcaba, said that so far no effects have been reported.

No damage in CDMX, Guerrero and Puebla
The Secretary of Comprehensive Risk Management and Civil Protection of Mexico City, Miriam Arzua, reported that after the 5.3 magnitude earthquake and after the reviews carried out by the Secretariat of Comprehensive Risk Management and Civil Protection, No damage has been reported in Mexico City.
The governor of Puebla, Alejandro Armenta, reported that after the 5.2 magnitude earthquake with its epicenter in San Marcos, Guerrero, no damage has been reported so far.
“It should be noted that so far, no damage has been reported,” announced the governor of Guerrero, Evelyn Salgado.
White balance reported in Oaxaca after 5.3 earthquake
This morning, the seismic alarm was activated in the capital of Oaxaca, which caused alert among citizens.
“We were more scared by the sound of the cell phone than by the alert,” said some people who had to leave their house.
The earthquake was not felt in the capital of Oaxaca. Although in the coastal region it was mild due to its proximity to Guerrero.
The governor of Oaxaca, Salomón Jara Cruz, reported that the alert was activated and that Civil Protection personnel are carrying out the tours in order to verify whether or not there was damage. (With information from Diana Manzo)
