El Mala Stays: Köln Star Rejects Brighton Transfer | Winter Update

by Archynetys Sports Desk

The next market value increase is imminent

©IMAGO

Top offensive talent Said El Mala has ruled out leaving 1. FC Köln in the January transfer phase. “There will be no change of club for me in the winter,” the 19-year-old left winger told reporters on Wednesday. Effzeh managing director Philipp Türoff had previously pointed out that he was not necessarily dependent on short-term millions in income for the club’s most valuable player. At the same time, Brighton & Hove Albion are said to have not given up on signing the shooting star and, according to the “Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger”, are planning a significantly increased offer compared to the summer.

rumor
Said El Mala

S. The Mala

1.FC Cologne

Left winger

1.FC Cologne

1.FC Cologne

42 %

Brighton & Hove Albion

Brighton

Bundesliga

Premier League

“There are absolutely no efforts and no reason to even consider selling the player during the winter transfer period,” Türoff also made clear to the “KStA”. “For us as newcomers, staying in the league is our top priority; everything is subordinate to it. And we hope that Said can do his part with his class to help us achieve our goal.”

Brighton, it is said, is planning a new and significantly increased offer for the winter compared to the summer. This would mean that the English would probably be one step further than the interested competition from FC Bayern, BVB, Man City or FC Barcelona. The club, known for its strong scouting, has been closely monitoring El Mala since his breakthrough at Viktoria Köln, who would also earn money in the event of a transfer. The new offer should correspond to the increased market value of the Krefeld native. In October, this jumped from 3 million to 18 million euros on Transfermarkt; no other FC professional is valued higher. A further increase can be expected in the next Bundesliga update on December 19th. How high should El Mala go? Join the discussion now in the market value analysis!

In the summer, the Seagulls were rejected with an increased offer of 15 million euros plus 20 percent of the transfer fee for a resale in Cologne. Even back then, when El Mala had never played higher than the third division but had an outstanding U19 European Championship behind them, the credo was to achieve a record transfer fee with the attacker’s next step. At that time, at least 35 million euros were also mentioned to Transfermarkt as the desired transfer fee for El Mala. Cologne’s most expensive sale since 2018/19 is Anthony Modeste, who went to TJ Tianhai in China for 34.7 million euros including the loan fee.

Cologne boss: FC not dependent on a quick transfer for El Mala

According to managing director Türoff, Cologne is not necessarily dependent on a quick transfer for El Mala – especially with a view to staying in the league: “We are of course also aware of the hype that has arisen around Said due to his achievements and his assets. The player receives all the support from us. We may have to reassess what happens in the future in due course. But 1. FC Köln has now developed a position in which we have different financial freedom of action than was the case not so long ago. We don’t depend on certain transfer income for better or for worse. And that’s the best news.” It therefore seems clear for the winter: El Mala will stay at least until the summer and could then break the club’s own transfer record.

© tm/imago - Join the discussion about 1. FC Köln here - link to the club forum

Related Posts

Leave a Comment