Russia-Ukraine War: Attacks on Energy Facilities | Latest Updates

by Archynetys World Desk

The Ukrainian Ministry of Energy said early Tuesday morning that a “huge” attack targeted energy facilities, while the army reported that the capital, Kiev, had been attacked by drones and missiles.

“At the moment, there is a massive enemy attack on energy facilities,” the Ministry of Energy reported on Telegram.

She added, “Energy workers will begin assessing the damage and making repairs as soon as the security situation allows.”

Powerful explosions rocked the Ukrainian capital, Kiev, according to an Agence France-Presse correspondent, coinciding with the Air Force issuing a warning of a nationwide missile attack early this morning.

The Air Force reported on Telegram, “There is a missile threat that includes all parts of Ukraine,” while the head of the military administration in Kiev, Timur Tkachenko, announced the existence of a ballistic missile threat.

The official explained, “Shahed drones and enemy cruise missiles are flying in the air. There is also a threat to launch ballistic missiles and Kinjal missiles.”

He pointed out that air defenses had been activated and were “shooting down enemy targets,” calling on residents to remain in shelters.

The Russian governor of Krasnodar announced that the region was assessing the damage early Tuesday morning after a “massive” Ukrainian attack that injured at least six people.

Governor Veniamin Kondratiev wrote on Telegram: “Overnight, the Krasnodar region was subjected to one of the strongest and most massive attacks by the Kiev regime. Six residents of the region were injured, and at least 20 homes in five municipalities were damaged.”

For her part, the mayor of the Russian municipality of Taganrog in the Rostov region said at dawn on Tuesday that Ukrainian air strikes resulted in the death of one person and the injury of three others in this Russian coastal city.

Svetlana Kambolova wrote on Telegram: “As a result of the massive air attack launched at night on our city, two residential buildings, a private house, the mechanical college building, two industrial enterprises, and kindergarten No. 7 were damaged.”

She explained: “Unfortunately, three people were injured and another was killed,” noting that “a decision will be taken on the necessary measures to respond.”

Ukrainian, American and European officials met in Switzerland on Sunday to discuss the plan of the administration of US President Donald Trump to end the war in Ukraine.

The initial version of the document was met with opposition from Kyiv and its European allies.

While Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Monday welcomed the progress made, he said that “more” was needed to achieve “real peace” with Russia.

Related Posts

Leave a Comment