Friday, August 14, 2020

US Open : Nick Kyrgios renonce à cause du Covid-19 – US Open

Must read

Wireless charging for cell phones is an environmental “disaster”, study finds

A study by technology-specialized portals OneZero and iFixit, there is an "environmental cost" behind the popular wireless charging for cell phones.Wireless charging has been...

Banderas tested positive – Vorarlberger Nachrichten

Malaga The Spanish film star Antonio Banderas has tested positive for the corona virus in his own words and had to celebrate his 60th...

Half of U.S. elementary and high school students will study virtually only this fall, study shows

A little more than half of U.S. elementary and high school students will attend school only virtually this fall, according to a new study,...

The Australian tennis player has announced his package due to the risks associated with the covid-19 pandemic in the United States.

Australian Nick Kyrgios, 40th in the world, announced on Saturday that he would not travel to New York to play the US Open (August 31 / September 13) due to the risks associated with the coronavirus pandemic in the United States . “I won’t be playing at the US Open this year. It hurts me deep down … But I’m doing this for the people, for my Australians, for the hundreds of thousands of Americans who have lost their lives, for all of you, ”he said on Twitter.

Kyrgios’ decision was expected, two days after his withdrawal from the Cincinnati Masters 1000, relocated to Flushing Meadows the week before the Grand Slam tournament. Like him, his compatriot Ashleigh Barty has also given up participating in the US Open this week.

In his video post, he felt it was time to focus on “what’s important, which is health and safety,” while being careful not to criticize the American Tennis Federation for its decision to keep. the event.

Kyrgios also attacked “selfish players” without naming them. “You have to act in each other’s best interests and work together, you can’t dance on tables and make money to make your way through Europe or try to make some quick money in organizing an exhibition ”.

In his sights: Novak Djokovic, who tested positive for Covid-19 after organizing a friendly tournament in June, without respected social distancing. Alexander Zverev, too, who was seen partying a few days after his participation in the Djokovic tournament, and also contracted the virus.

Kyrgios, who had already been vindictive towards them in early July, told them to “think of others for once”. “That’s what it’s about with this virus, it doesn’t care about your world rankings or your money, act responsibly. To these players, I say good luck. You play at your own risk and I have no problem with that. ”

.

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest article

Wireless charging for cell phones is an environmental “disaster”, study finds

A study by technology-specialized portals OneZero and iFixit, there is an "environmental cost" behind the popular wireless charging for cell phones.Wireless charging has been...

Banderas tested positive – Vorarlberger Nachrichten

Malaga The Spanish film star Antonio Banderas has tested positive for the corona virus in his own words and had to celebrate his 60th...

Half of U.S. elementary and high school students will study virtually only this fall, study shows

A little more than half of U.S. elementary and high school students will attend school only virtually this fall, according to a new study,...