President’s governance Donald Trump officially notified Congress his intention to dismantle the united states Agency for International Development (USAID) Before July 1,2025,as confirmed on Friday,the secretary of State,Marco Rubioin a statement.
The measure includes relocation of some key functions in the State Department and the elimination of those that “do not align wiht the priorities of the administration.”
“Unfortunately, USAID deviated from his original mission a long time ago”said Rubio, arguing that foreign aid must be reorient to “protect our borders” and “strengthen our associations with key allies.”
The decision, which affects an agency created by Congress in 1961, has generated rejection by Democratic legislators, who qualified it as “illegal, risky and inefficient.” Usaid so far managed an annual budget close to the 43,000 million dollarswhich represented more of the 40% world humanitarian aid.
According to documents obtained by CNNthe government plans to maintain only some programs under the wing of the State Department, including those related to Humanitarian assistance, global health, strategic investment y national security. The rest of the operations will be canceled progressively.

In an internal memorandum sent on Friday to employees, the interim chief of USAID, Jeremy Lewinhe informed that “all non -statutory positions will be eliminated.” The notification was issued by the Government Efficiency Department (Doge)directed by the businessman Elon Muskan office created after Trump’s possession in January.
USAID dismantling occurs after a freezing of 90 days in American foreign aid, imposed by executive order the same month of Trump’s investiture. Since then, the government has canceled the 83% of USAID programswith some exceptions for emergency cases.
On March 10, Rubio announced that the Executive was in conversations with Congress to transfer near 1,000 active contracts to the State Department. This Friday,a Federal Court of Appeals annulled a previous court order that had temporarily suspended the closing process.
For their part, some Democratic senators of the Foreign relations Commission warned that the restructuring will leave the remnant programs of the USAID inoperative and overload the State Department.“The weight that moves will cause a notable disruption in its main mission”thay said in a statement.

In mid -March, a federal judge ordered to immediately suspend the dismantling of the United states Agency for International Development (USAID), According to the agency Associated Press.
The decision, issued by the judge Theodore Chuangbased in Maryland, blocks all additional action in the process of eliminating the agency and concludes that these measures “probably violate the constitution of the United States.”
The ruling responds to a lawsuit filed by employees and contractors of USAID, who alleged that the control of Musk and the subsequent reduction of the agency lacked legal basis.
Table of Contents
By Archnetys News Team | Published: March 29, 2025
Judicial Intervention Thwarts USAID Overhaul
A federal judge has issued a preliminary injunction, effectively freezing the Trump administration’s efforts to dismantle and restructure the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). This ruling marks a significant obstacle to the white House’s strategy of reducing foreign assistance, a policy that has been in motion since January.

Immediate Restoration Mandated
According to reports, the court order compels the immediate reinstatement of computer system and email access for all USAID employees, including those who had been placed on administrative leave. This measure aims to prevent further disruptions to the agency’s operations while the legal challenge proceeds.
Impact on Foreign Aid Policy
This judicial intervention represents a notable check on executive power regarding foreign policy. The dismantling plan, now on hold, reflects a broader trend of re-evaluating and perhaps reducing US involvement in international development. For example, recent data from the Institution for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) indicates a global shift in aid allocation, with some countries prioritizing domestic needs over international assistance.
The decision also prevents additional dismissals and represents a relevant obstacle for the strategy of cuts in foreign assistance that the White House had been implementing since January.
Legal Battle Ahead
The preliminary order will remain in effect until the case is fully adjudicated in court. This sets the stage for a potentially lengthy legal battle that could have significant implications for the future of USAID and the direction of US foreign aid policy. The core of the legal challenge likely revolves around the administration’s authority to unilaterally restructure the agency and the potential impact on its ability to fulfill its mission.
