Take the casserole dish out of the cupboard, dust it off and put it in the oven. Far away from fatty sauces, casserole is also great as an all-in-one-pot meal for conscious connoisseurs. Because today there is a very special treat for lunch: a Mediterranean casserole with pork fillet.
By the way: Medical studies show that countries with a Mediterranean diet have fewer cardiovascular diseases, high blood pressure and obesity, as well as a higher life expectancy. Vascular diseases, diabetes and strokes are also less common.
Also read: Do you love garlic? Then this hearty feta cheese cream is heaven on earth for you – and it’s SO EASY to prepare! >>
Ingredients for Mediterranean casserole with pork fillet (3 servings):
- 1 pork fillet (approx. 500 grams)
- 5 medium-sized potatoes
- 2 onions
- 250 grams of tomatoes
- 1 feta cheese
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 100 ml white wine
- 4 TL Steakgewürz
- Salt, pepper, paprika seasoning
- 1 THE Rosmarin
- 2 tbsp (herbal) oil
Also read: Super delicious GDR recipe: How to make the best egg pancake in the world quickly and easily! >>
And this is how the Mediterranean casserole with pork tenderloin is made:
1. Cut the onions into rings and grate the potatoes into very fine slices with a cucumber slicer.
2. Place the onions and potatoes in a baking dish and mix with the oil, salt, pepper, paprika powder and rosemary.
3. Cut the tomatoes into small pieces (cut into slices or mini tomatoes in half) and spread over the potato mixture.
4. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees (top and bottom heat).
5. In the meantime, cut the pork tenderloin into 2-3 centimeters thick slices and fry them in the frying fat on both sides until they have a little color. Season with the steak seasoning.
6. Place the fried pork fillet medallions in the baking dish.
7. Add white wine and vegetable stock to the roast and bring to the boil briefly. Pour the sauce into the baking dish.
8. Put the casserole in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
9. Top with the crumbled feta cheese and bake for another 15 minutes in the oven. Finished!
Also read: It doesn’t always have to be potatoes: THESE zucchini pancakes are amazing! >>
Important: This food is not suitable for families. Children shouldn’t eat this. The reason is the alcohol in the sauce. After simmering for 30 minutes, 35 percent are still detectable. The fact that even the smallest drop harms children does not need to be emphasized at this point.
Also read: Did you know? So much alcohol is in our food! >>