The «colossal» mega-outbreak paralyzes de-escalation at concerts in Mallorca

Concert in the Plaza de Toros de Palma, the epicenter of contagion.
INSTAGRAM/MAXIELBROTHER

Brake on de-escalation in terms of concerts and shows. The Ministry of Health and Consumption has confirmed that the review of new measures in the music sector is postponed for a weekl. «Different options had been studied, such as expanding the capacity and allowing the dance with masks, but given the enormous incidence of covid cases we postponed for a week (softer restrictions were scheduled to be published this Saturday in the BOIB) the review of new measures, “the Ministry told this newspaper yesterday.

“The intention is that the opening is gradual, to move forward, but seeing that we have gone from 40 cases a day to 200 in a week, we must be cautious”, they emphasize from the Govern.

“The trickle of positives is not good for anyone and poses a great threat. We hope that everything goes better and that in July and August we will be able to do mixed concerts, with some seated and others standing. After sixteen months fighting we cannot take steps back », says the businessman Miki Trui, by Trui Espectacles.

The heads of the Ministry of Health and Consumption and different promoters of the island met a few weeks ago to study what measures are urgent for the sector, always taking into account sanitary restrictions. Among others, there was talk of the possibility of expand the capacity for open-air concerts to 5,000 people, something that was scheduled to publish this Saturday in the BOIB.

A promoter who has preferred to remain anonymous and who was at that meeting complains that the pilot test that was done last Friday, with Sidonie, within the framework of Mallorca Live, “There was no consensus with the sector”, unlike the one carried out in Barcelona with Love of Lesbian.

.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.