Surprisingly, Microsoft added more updates immediately after the weekend after the regular patch day. Until now, not all available versions of Windows 10 have been considered, and moreover there was an update for version 1709 yesterday. Now more cumulative updates for Windows 10 versions 1809, 1703, 1607 and 1507 will follow. Windows 10 versions used can already relate the updates. As always, these are optional updates that do not involve security-related changes. But they are recommended for all users because they contain different bug fixes. Because they are cumulative updates, all changes previously published by Microsoft are installed immediately.
In addition, a current update of the maintenance stack is required. The launch of the new updates had discovered the colleagues of Deskmodder & # 39; s.
These updates are available
For the version 1809, the Windows 10 October update, there is now the new build number 17763.720 (KB4512534), for the Creators Update, Windows 10 version 1703, the version number with the new update is increased to 15063.2021, details can be found in the Knowledge Base under KB4512474. The first Windows 10 update (version 1507) will also receive an update with build 10240.18308, see KB4517276 for more information.
The new cumulative updates for all older versions of Windows 10 are now available. They replace the previous patch-day updates from July and resolve issues that have arisen from earlier updates. The lists with the changes are relatively long this time.
We translate the release notes for you. More coming soon! We have now translated the release notes for you.
The update for version 1809 is the most comprehensive. We have therefore taken the changes as examples. It contains bug fixes for Visual Basic – there were some problems before, so applications didn't start and scripts and macros didn't work.
Improvements and corrections
This update contains quality improvements. Important changes include:
- Improves the reliability of push notifications via app implementations on Microsoft HoloLens 1 devices.
- Resolves an issue that prevents Windows Hello Face authentication from restarting.
- Resolves an issue with downloading Digital Rights Management (DRM) files from certain Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer websites.
- Resolves an issue that prevents the Universal C Runtime Library from returning the correct value for global time zone variables under certain circumstances.
- Resolves an issue that causes Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) to be temporarily held while some pre-installed applications are deployed using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Resolves an issue where the default keyboard for the English (Cyprus) (en-CY) locale was not set correctly.
- Resolves an issue that could cause Microsoft Edge to print PDF documents that contain pages with a portrait and landscape page correctly.
- Resolves an issue with PDF & # 39; s configured to open only once in Microsoft Edge.
- Resolves performance issues for the Win32 subsystem and the Desktop Window Manager (DWM).
- Resolves an issue with entering and displaying special characters that occurs when an application uses imm32.dll.
- Resolves a leak in the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) applications.
- Resolves a memory leak in dwm.exe which could cause functionality to be lost and a device to stop working.
- Resolves an issue that automatic logon does not work if you hold down the Shift key during startup.
- Resolves an issue where the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) class Win32_PhysicalMemory reports that 32 GB memory chips have a missing capacity value.
- Resolves an issue with opening an App-V application and indicates a network error. This problem occurs under certain circumstances, e.g. For example, if the system's battery is running low or if there is an unexpected power failure.
- Resolves an issue with User Experience Virtualization (UE-V).
- Resolves a rare issue that causes Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) to temporarily prevent other processes from accessing files.
- Resolves an issue that causes a workstation to stop working when you log in with an updated user name (UPN) (for example, changing UserN@contoso.com to User.Name@contoso.com).
- Resolves an issue where Windows Defender Application Control does not allow third-party binaries to be loaded from a universal Windows platform application. CodeIntegrity Event Error 3033 is displayed as: "Code integrity has detected that a process () is trying to load that does not meet the store's signature level requirements."
- Resolves an issue that prevents some Trusted Platform Module (TPM) devices from being used for next-generation credentials.
- Resolves an issue where applications on a container host temporarily lose connectivity due to a port conflict with applications running on a container.
- Resolves an issue that prevents some users from getting a TTL value when they are added as members of Shadow Principals. This happens for users with DN (Distinguishing Names) that contain an escape character. The TTL value is now added as expected.
- Resolves an issue with the disabled attribute of the input element preventing a scope from being passed to the authorization endpoint.
- Resolves a problem with Windows message Socket is leaking where Windows no longer has any ports.
- Resolves an issue that prevents server edition activation with a Multiple Activation Key (MAK) in the graphical user interface (GUI). The error is "0x80070490".
- Increases the number of supported interrupts per device to 512 on systems with x2APIC enabled.
- Resolves an issue that can prevent devices from starting when they start with Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) images from Windows Deployment Services (WDS) or System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). The error is: "Status: 0xc000000001, Info: a required device is not connected or cannot be addressed."
- Resolves an issue that causes the following to stop responding:
- Applications made with Visual Basic 6 (VB6).
- Macros that use Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Scripts or applications that use Visual Basic Scripting Edition (VBScript).
- You can also receive the error message & # 39; Invalid procedure call & # 39; to get.
to download Windows 10 Update Wizard
(t) Windows (t) Windows 10 (t) Update (t) Error (t) Build (t) Patch-Day (t) Software (t) Operating Systems