Microsoft yesterday released a new preview of Windows 10 with game improvements. The upgrade exceeds Windows 10 from build 18329 (made available to the testers on February 1st) to build 18334. These builds come from the 19H1 branch, which represents the update of Windows 10 that will arrive in the first half of this & # 39; year.
Windows 10 has been developed as a service, which means that it receives new features on a regular basis. Microsoft has released six major updates so far: November update, anniversary update, creator update, creative fall update update, April 2018 update and October 2018 update.
The seventh update will bring customized technology for the game. Microsoft is asking Windows Insider to "validate these systems as intended" by playing the State of Decay game. The company offers it for free ("limited time only").
First, you need an Xbox Live gamertag (create an Xbox account if you do not have one). Then, install the Xbox Insider Hub app, sign in with your gamertag, select Internal content at the top left, click on State of Decay and press Join. If you are not redirected, click the Show in Store button to launch the Store app, install the State of Decay trial game, and launch it. You will need to install DirectX for testing before you can play. If you encounter problems with the installation, the game launch or the actual game, send a Feedback Hub bug under the Microsoft Store category and include WindowsGamingFeedback in the title.
Bug fixes and known problems
This 19H1 build includes the following bug fixes and general improvements:
- The new anti-tamper protection setting in the Windows security app protects your device, helping to prevent malicious actors from tampering with the most important security settings. The setting is designed to be enabled by default, however the default state is not currently in effect for current Insider Preview builds. You may see a new tip in the Windows Security app that suggests activating this setting.
- Fixed an issue that caused a recent increase in the obscured taskbar icons.
- Fixed an issue where the cursor color and size settings did not persist in the update.
- Fixed an issue where the hardware keyboard text prediction settings did not persist in the update.
- Fixed an issue that caused settings to be locked when you enter Color filters.
- Fixed an issue that caused access settings to crash recently under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue where the modification of Hey Cortana's activator state in Settings did not stop.
- Fixed an issue where the Cortana section of Settings was visible in regions where Cortana was not supported.
- Fixed an issue where the icons and text in the new Settings header were misaligned and some window sizes.
- Fixed an issue that caused an unexpected gap in the navigation pane in Privacy Settings.
- Fixed the problem with Microsoft David speaking during the preview of the entries in Settings> Time and language> Voice, regardless of the selected actual voice.
- Fixed an issue that caused unexpected spaces when listing the active hours in Windows Update Settings.
- When you set the focus to search, the search box will now have an accented colored border.
- Fixed an issue where the search box in the taskbar was not dark when the darkness mode was active.
- Fixed an issue where recent research activity used a white icon in light theme even if a dark icon was available.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Start menu to reset the default setting on reboot for some users.
- Fixed an issue that caused the shutdown and restart of options in the Start menu to not appear in a remote desktop session.
- Fixed an issue where Cortana opened meant opening an invisible file explorer window as open in the taskbar.
- Fixed an issue that caused unexpected errors in "The selected item not available" when interacting with the list of Jump Lists.
- Fixed an issue where explorer.exe crashed if you shared a file by Sharing in close proximity with Sharing nearby.
- Fixed an issue where the File Explorer title bar merged into black backgrounds when the dark theme was enabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused an error while extracting files in the last 2 flights.
- Fixed an issue where the attempt to set the default file association for a file type that was not explicitly declared as supported by a & # 39; Win32 app failed.
- Fixed an issue that caused the mouse to delay when some XAML dropdowns were open.
- Fixed an issue where file decompression generated an error.
- Fixed an issue where when files were grouped by date, files that were actually downloaded last month would respond "Long ago" if it was January and the files were downloaded in December.
- Fixed an issue that caused some apps not to go fullscreen properly if the app started to be popped on the side of the screen. This also caused the taskbar to appear on top of full screen videos in this scenario and could cause apps to slow down if you repeatedly switch from full screen to screen.
- Fixed a problem that led some languages not to be able to type recently in the UWP – Buginese, Friulian and Gothic apps were among those involved.
- Fixed a problem affecting the Japanese IME in some apps, such as Microsoft Teams, where if you tried to finalize a converted string by typing, the converted string disappeared.
- Fixed two problems that affected the ability to adjust brightness in recent flights.
- Fixed a problem that could cause the notifications to be drawn unexpectedly on a wrong scale (too big or too small).
- Fixed an issue where the value in Narrator Settings "Change the level of detail that Narrator provides on text and control" may be empty.
- Fixed an issue where Windows Sandbox could be launched on a black screen for some users.
- The narrator now announces titles at all levels of verbosity.
- Better reading drop-down menus in the Skype desktop client with Narrator.
- Improve the pitch change detection by increasing the pitch height for the uppercase reading option "Change the text mode in uppercase" to "Increase pitch".
- Improved reading when using Narrator text navigation commands.
- Guaranteed that the behavior of the Narrator dialog was more reliable.
- Guaranteed that the focus is set in the Start menu when it reduces to Narrator Home icon.
- The narrator now announces the value of the calendar date selection control while a user navigates with the Tab or Shift + Tab keys.
- Narrator no longer announces blank descriptions.
- Removed the "unchecked" phrase from speaking with the voice assistant, unless multiple selections are possible.
- Continue to refine your reading experiences for Chrome and some interactions with controls like combo boxes and expandable buttons.
- Made movement going more reliable with Narrator and Chrome.
- Fixed an issue when changing the navigation mode on Baum VarioUltra when using Narrator.
- Small news on the app update for those interested in Skip Ahead: Rolling out Weather app version 4.28.10351.0, which solves an issue where the Live Weather box did not work at all or worked but highlighted the wrong location (depending on configuration) .
This build has 11 known problems:
- The Windows security app may show an unknown status for the virus and threat protection area or do not update properly. This may occur after updating, restarting or changing settings.
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software can trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards do not work properly.
- While the night lighting feature is up and running, there are still problems in this space.
- When you run Restore this PC and select Keep my files on a device with Reserved Space enabled, the user will have to initiate an additional restart to ensure that the Reserved Storage works properly.
- Some Realtek SD card readers do not work properly.
- After the update, there may be two Narrator voices that speak at the same time. Restart the machine once, this problem will go away.
- Some of the real-time protection options for Malwarebytes Premium can not be activated.
- The MSA user after changing the password may not be able to access the next attempt. Restarting solves the problem.
- If Magnifier is enabled and set to docking mode, the machine will hang and reboot to access by creating a boot cycle. Disable the anchored mode for this flight. For users who have updated and encountered this restart condition, you can try disabling Magnifier by pressing Win + Esc to access, then change the magnifying glass to either Objective or Full Screen in the Magnifier settings.
- If you install one of the recent builds from the fast ring and switch to the slow loop, the optional content, such as activating developer mode, will fail. You will need to stay in the fast ring to add / install / enable optional content. This is because the optional content will only be installed on builds approved for specific rings.
As always, do not install it on your production system.