- You can block popups on a Samsung Galaxy S10 in both Google Chrome and the Samsung Internet browser.
- The function is enabled by default, but if the popup blocker has been disabled on your Galaxy S10, you can re-enable it in the Settings menu of both browser apps.
- Some apps can even create pop-ups, so you should delete unnecessary apps from your S10, especially if they're sending you pop-ups.
- Visit the Business Insider homepage for more stories.
You can't block all the pop-up ads in the world – even with advanced ad blocking software, some succeed. But that is You can prevent the display of pop-up ads on your Galaxy S10.
Pop-up blockers are enabled by default. But if the popup blocks in your Galaxy S10's web browsers have been disabled for some reason, here's how to reactivate the block for more convenient web browsing.
Have a look at the products mentioned in this article:
Samsung Galaxy S10 (from $ 899.99 to the best purchase)
How to block pop-ups on a Samsung Galaxy s10 in Google Chrome
1. Launch the Chrome app.
2. Tap the three vertical dots at the top right of the screen, then tap "Settings" in the drop-down menu.
3. Tap "Site Settings".
4. Search for "Pop-ups and redirects". "Blocked" should be indicated. Otherwise, touch it and then disable the popups by scrolling the button to the left. This can be a bit confusing: the function is turning off popups, not activating a popup blocker, so make sure the button is in the off position to block pop-ups.
5. On the site settings page, also make sure that "Announcements" are deactivated. "Blocked on some sites" should be indicated.
How to block popups on a Samsung Galaxy S10 in the Samsung Internet browser
1. Launch the Internet app.
2. Touch the three horizontal lines in the lower right corner of the screen.
3. In the pop-up window, tap "Settings".
4. Tap "Sites and downloads".
5. Activate "Block popups" by sliding the button to the right.
How to block the pop-ups that come from the app on your Galaxy S10
Additionally, malicious apps may open unwanted pop-up ads on your phone. Unfortunately, there is no specific popup blocker for apps like this one.
You just need to install reliable apps from Google Play or Galaxy Store and delete apps that are questionable or unwanted.
To learn how to delete unwanted apps, read the article "How to delete apps on your Samsung Galaxy or disable apps that can't be removed".