Narrative survival horror game Close to the Sun will launch both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch on October 29, publisher Wired Productions and developer Storm in a Teacup announced.
A 1,000-copy print run Collector's Edition is currently available for pre-order on the Wired Productions Store. For $ 98.66, it includes the following:
- A physical copy of Close to the Sun on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, or Nintendo Switch
- Stunning Art Deco FuturePAK metal game case compatible with your chosen format
- Deluxe hardback art book featuring 48 pages of awe-inspiring Close to the Sun game art
- exclusive Close to the Sun, Faraday Key-Card metal pin badge
- Seven-inch vinyl record Featuring the Close to the Sun's mesmerizing titular track by Porcelain Pill
- Ada's heartfelt letter to her sister Rose, summoning her aboard the Helios
- Numbered and stylized certificate of authenticity
- Premium finish fitted presentation box
- A digital copy of bonus Close to the Sun for the Epic Games Store I know fans can enjoy the game in its original format
The game first launched for PC via the Epic Games Store in May.
Here is an overview of the game, via Wired Productions:
Grounded in an alternate 19th century where famed inventor and futurist Nikola Tesla Close to the Sun sees players step onto the Helios, steeped in horror and mystery, a colossal vessel for scientific research. As the heroine, Rose, players find themselves walking the massive area Where is Ada and what happened? Grand halls stand empty. The stench of rotting flesh lingers in the air. Silence. A single word is painted across the entrance … FORTY!
Furthering the game's experience is an exclusive single from pioneering Australian folktronics act, Porcelain Pill, that players can listen to right now on YouTube or Spotify. Composed by Porcelain Pill founder Adam Scott-McGuinness, the Close to the Sun single was created for the atmospheric horror game of the same name, exploring the title's dark themes and warnings through stunning vocals and mesmerizing instrumentals.
Unleash the power of the unreal Engine to increase fidelity and quality in the game to deliver Close to the Sun has already garnered considerable interest and praise from critics as well as fans.
Watch a nwe trailer below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. You do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example:
Woe is Leomon.State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find a comment is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation — simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This policy is subject to change at any time.