Do you like to experience different things in your home kitchen? Try these Strawberry Cottage Cheese Meatballs, here are the steps.
Strawberry meatballs are a light, refreshing, healthy and original pastry snack to serve at any time of the day. In this version, the strawberry balls are lighter, since the dough is made of cottage cheese and they are cooked boiled.
Strawberries are a great source of vitamin C and they provide a wide variety of minerals, such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus. Therefore, it is convenient to include them in the diet whenever possible, and when they are in their best shape, in their season.
Ingredients for 8 meatballs:
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cottage cheese, salt, egg and the 60 grams of butter.
- Stir into a dough and then knead into a roll.
- Divide the roll into 8 pieces the same size and press them a little to form discs (not too flattened).
- Place a strawberry on each disc and fold the dough, forming balls.
- Fill a saucepan with water, Bring it to a boil and pour the balls inside.
- Cook 10 minutes and remove them with a slotted spoon.
- Pour the 2 tablespoons of butter into a pan and brown the breadcrumbs. When it’s golden, add half of the sugar and cinnamon.
- Remove from the fire, add the chopped walnuts and spread the balls, rolling them around the pan.
- Place in a fountain and pour the rest of the sugar mixed with the cinnamon on top and finally, the icing sugar.
Traditionally, this recipe for strawberry meatballs is made with potato dough, but with cottage cheese they are much lighter, so this lighter variant is usually preferred and ideal for summer.
An important recommendation to consider when preparing this recipe it is make sure you seal the dough well, to minimize the chances of the pellets falling apart in the water.
Another detail to take into account is the temperature of the fire. Meatballs should be simmered, as this allows the cooked dough to be softer and fluffier, an essential condition to obtain good results in its final flavor.
Did you like this original recipe? Leave us your comments.
Share in your social networks. Your friends will like to try these Strawberry Cottage Cheese Meatballs.