Home Sports News on the transfer of Arsenal: the Gunners gave a boost to...

News on the transfer of Arsenal: the Gunners gave a boost to the hunt for Nicolas Pepe

Arsenal was given a boost in the search for Nicolas Pepe after Lille admitted he will listen to offers for the striker.

The Gunners are following the Ivory Coast national team, which has drawn 17 times in 28 games so far in this campaign.

The sports director of Lille, Luis Campos, insists that they could cash out if they receive an offer in the region of £ 50 million.

Campos told Telefoot: "We are not a rich club – it means that if a really good proposal arrives for Pepe, we have to sell it".

Even Manchester United and Barcelona have been credited with an interest, and can have an advantage over the Gunners.

The Ivorian striker has been prolific this season

Lille manager Christophe Galtier added: "You have to go to a Champions League club.

"In my opinion, an intermediate step is not necessary [for him] go as high as possible.

"I see him good with a team that plays all in red and he likes to put wings on the side of their weaker feet".

Mkhitaryan tries to keep the heat

Henrikh Mkhitaryan knows that Arsenal can not rest on his laurels after moving into the Premier League top ten with a win over Southampton.

Bournemouth are visitors to Emirates Stadium on Wednesday before a North London derby against Tottenham at Wembley and Mkhitaryan insists that Arsenal is not going to take his foot off the gas.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan was in attack against the saints

"At the moment we are not looking at the table because we still have a lot of games to play," he said.

"The most important thing is to be focused and be ready for every game, because we will not think of being in the top four and nothing will change.

"We just have to keep working and do our best to win three points in every game.

"It's not the main thing at the moment, the season is not over yet, we still have a lot of games to play, the most important thing is to stay focused and keep winning games."

The former Gunner retires

Abou Diaby hung up his boots

Abou Diaby retired from football at the age of 32.

Diaby made the announcement live on the French television channel RMC "Footissime", after suffering for several years of injuries, having recently played in Marseille in 2017.

He said: "I'm putting an end to my professional career, it's the right time.

"For a number of years it has been difficult for me to return, with many physical problems.

"It's a difficult decision, but I've thought a lot about my decision and I feel comfortable." After Marseille, I gave myself a year to come back, but it was harder than I thought, and I decided to stop. "

.

Must Read

Chris Hemsworth's boss Sergio Perera on the Avengers diet

EXCLUSIVE "Green shakes, red meat, complex grains and fats": Chef Sergio Perera...

Climate change: Flaming harbingers

Who bears the costs of climate change? Forest fires in California raise the question. A power company went bankrupt. Maybe you have...

Nine Indonesian police officers died in election work – Bloomberg

Nine Indonesian police officers died in the election campaign BloombergNine Indonesian police officers died performing election-related assignments this week, including some that collapsed from...