Farah, No. 1 in the men’s world, outside the Australian Open

MELBOURNE: Colombia’s Robert Farah, ranked number one in the world in men’s doubles, withdrew from the Australian Open for personal reasons, tournament organizers said Tuesday.

Farah, born in Canada, won the Wimbledon doubles titles and the US Open with his Colombian partner and partner Juan Sebastián Cabal.

The couple, who reached the 2018 doubles final in Melbourne Park and was awarded the ATP doubles team of the year in 2019, had already retired from this week’s Adelaide international warming event.

A spokeswoman for Tennis Australia told Reuters that Farah’s decision to retire for 32 years was not related to injuries.

Cabal, 33, was expected to remain in Melbourne and play doubles with another partner, he added.

The Australian Open starts Monday.

(Ian Ransom Report; Peter Rutherford Edition)

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *