Spaniards in Iran: Leave Country – Foreign Affairs Advice

by Archynetys World Desk

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a notice this Wednesday to Spaniards who are in Iran to “leave the country using the available means.” In addition, he “completely discourages” trips to the country due to “the highly unstable situation in which it is experiencing.”

“The situation is unstable throughout the country,” says Foreign Affairs on your website. To the conflict that began in June 2025, he explains, protests have been added that, since December 28, have been spreading throughout Iran. An Iranian government source cited by the Reuters agency already recognizes the death of 2,000 people in protests.

With communications cut off since January 8, checking information on the progress of the protests and the repression of the Iranian Government is difficult. But, according to the experts consulted by elDiario.esAlthough some demands have called for the fall of the theocratic system, the ayatollah regime is not facing imminent collapse.

Foreign Affairs recommends that once “internet communications” are reestablished, Spaniards in Iran remain attentive to social networks and the communication channels of the Spanish Embassy in Tehran. In addition, remember that “the majority of airlines have suspended their operations” and advises checking the situation of air connections with the companies and using the borders with Armenia, Turkey, Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan, open to foreign citizens.

“If you are in Iran, it is absolutely not recommended to mix in demonstrations of any kind, take photos or videos of them, as well as any official building,” says Foreign Affairs, which explains that “several European citizens” have been arrested and sentenced for gabar or photographing military and government facilities or participating in political or religious demonstrations.

The mobilizations against began more than two weeks ago due to the country’s financial problems. The Iranian economy has suffered for years from serious budget deficits, the devaluation of its currency and very high inflation. This has led to water, electricity and food shortages.

“Executions have stopped”

The president of the United States, Donald Trump, referred this Wednesday to the situation in Iran. After Qatar confirmed that it had withdrawn some of its personnel from the Al Udeid military base, the largest American base in the Middle East, due to “regional tensions”, Tump has assured that “the executions have stopped.”

“I have received information that the murders have stopped, that the executions have stopped,” said the American president, reports Andrés Gil. “There were supposed to be many executions today, but it won’t be like that. And we are going to see it, but we have been told by reliable sources and I hope it is true.”

On Tuesday, the speaker of the Iranian Parliament, Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf, stated that his country would “set the region on fire” if attacked. To this end, he pointed out that US ships and military bases in the Middle East and Israeli territory will be “legitimate targets” of Iran, in the event of an attack by the US or even Israel.

This Wednesday, a senior advisor to Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, warned in X that last year’s Iranian attack on Al Udeid demonstrated the country’s ability and willingness to respond to any attack against its territory.

Related Posts

Leave a Comment