Preparation time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 ½ hour
Ingredients for the savory pie
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 397 g of artichokes, drained and coarsely sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 450 g of fresh spinach
- 125 ml of white wine
- 225 g of fresh spreadable cheese
- 55 g of grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- salt and freshly grated black pepper
- 490 g of rectangular puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Sale marino
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the spring onions and let them soften – about 4 minutes. Brown the artichokes – another 6 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and, after a minute, the spinach (a little at a time if not all of them fit: it takes a couple of minutes to dry). Pour in the wine and let it evaporate – about a couple of minutes. Move everything to a colander to let as much liquid go away as possible. Clean the pan.
- Return the spinach and artichokes to the pan. Let the cheese melt in it – about 3 minutes. Add Parmesan and chilli flakes and season with salt and pepper. Let it cool down.
- Heat the oven to 200 ° C. On a work surface, roll out the puff pastry into a 30×40 cm rectangle. Cover the bottom of a baking sheet letting the rest of the puff pastry hang. Spread the artichoke and spinach filling over it, then roll out another piece of puff pastry of the same size. Fold the edges. Brush with an egg and make a few incisions on the surface. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until golden, about 35 minutes, then allow to cool slightly before cutting and serving.
This recipe was originally published in MUNCHIES US.