The PCERJ (Civil Police of the State of Rio de Janeiro) investigates a case of gang rape against a teenager 17 years oldwhich took place on the night of January 31, in Copacabana, in the south of Rio de Janeiro. Two of those involved in the crime are students from the traditional Colégio Pedro II, and one of them would be the victim’s ex-boyfriend.
In a statement, the educational institution reported that it requested the “dismissal of students and that he took all necessary actions”.
Hotline Denúncia published, this Sunday (1st), a poster to help locate four young people considered fugitives: Bruno Felipe dos Santos Allegretti, 18 years old; Vitor Hugo Oliveira Simonin, 18; Mattheus Verissimo Zoel Martins, 19; and João Gabriel Xavier Bertho, 19. A 17-year-old teenager is also investigated, with his identity preserved.
According to the unit’s chief delegate, Ângelo Lages, the case was treated as a “planned ambush”.
“It was a planned ambush, where the victim was deceived through a simulated invitation made by one of the attackerswho had already had a relationship with her and studies at the same school. Based on this relationship of trust, she went to the property to meet with him. However, the room was invaded by four other adults, who committed sexual violence, physical assault and psychological violence,” said the delegate.
Messages via an app revealed conversations between the girl and the other teenager, and were attached to the investigation. He invites her to go to the address and says that I could go with a friendbut the young woman responds that she would have no one to invite, and he states that it would be okay for her to go alone. Soon after, they agree on the meeting and arrival time.
The building’s security cameras recorded the movement of young people
Table of Contents
Images from the building’s security cameras recorded the arrival of young people at the propertyon Ministro Viveiros de Castro Street, in addition to the entry and subsequent exit of the teenager accompanied by the minor. The recordings also show the departure of the other people under investigation at times close to the time of the crime.
According to the police report, after escorting the victim out of the building, the teenager returns to the apartment and makes gestures that were interpreted by investigators as celebration.
After the incident, the teenager went to the police station to file a complaint. The corpus delicti examination points outu injuries compatible with physical violence. Spots have been described in the dorsal and gluteal regions. Biological materials were collected for genetic testing and DNA analysis. The examination identified a hemorrhagic infiltrate and abrasions in the genital region.
Football club removed young man investigated for crime
One of those investigated works as an athlete. After the repercussion of the case, o Serrano Football Club informed, in an official note, that he became aware of the indictment of João Gabriel Xavier Bertho in the investigation carried out by the Civil Police. Due to the seriousness of the facts investigated, the club announced the immediate removal of the player and the suspension of his contract. The institution also declared that it repudiates any form of harassment or violence.
Police carry out operation to arrest attackers
Os four investigated were indicted for rape with people contest. The Public Ministry of the State of Rio de Janeiro filed a complaint, and the Court of Justice of Rio de Janeiro issued preventive arrest warrants by the 1st Specialized Court in Crimes Against Children and Adolescents.
On Saturday (27), the Civil Police carried out the operation “No is No” to execute the warrants, but the suspects were not located. In the case of the teenager, a search and seizure warrant was issued, and the investigation will be carried out by the Children and Adolescents Court.
Information about the whereabouts of those being investigated can be passed on to Disque Denúncia by calling (21) 2253-1177 or 0300-253-1177, via WhatsApp (21) 2253-1177 or via the Disque Denúncia RJ app. Anonymity is guaranteed.
Defense of young man involved denies crime
In a note, João Gabriel Bertho’s lawyer denied the crimestating that he has no history of violence. He maintained that “the young woman was aware of the presence of other boys in the house and allowed João and the others to enter the room to watch the intimate encounter with her ex-boyfriend”. He also highlighted that João Gabriel is a professional athlete and that, until now, he has not been heard to present his version of the facts
A CNN Brazil try to contact the defense of those mentioned.
