Real Madrid Today: the worst players and the bad decisions of Zidane against Cádiz | Spanish League

by

The defeat of Real Madrid against Cádiz was already the last straw. And not because he cannot lose against a newly promoted team, but because he did not have a single clear idea to generate danger in the rival goal.

After the stoppage for the Fifa date, Zinedine Zidane bet on a formation that initially did not attract much attention. Marcelo, Modric, Isco and Lucas Vásquez came out of the headlines, players who at some point were important, but who currently do not have a good present.

He even had to improvise with the right back because Dani Carvajal and Álvaro Odriozola are injured, so the man who appeared in that position was Nacho Fernández.

Well, that line-up was quite inoperative offensively and added to a weak Vinicius game, the only one who wanted to change the face of the game was Benzema, but he did not manage to infect his teammates with that desire.

So bad was Zidane’s approach that to start the second half he took out Modric, Lucas Vásquez and Isco and in their place came Casemiro, Valverde and Marco Asensio.

The panorama was not very different and without the substance that Sergio Ramos prints him, who was injured, Real Madrid was inoperative before Cádiz’s approach.

The big culprits

Without a doubt, Zidane is one of the most noted for the approach he put into this match, however, his decisions in past matches have also been highly criticized. The merengue team got rid of important players in the attack and although the coach trusts what he has, they are not supporting him on the field of play.

And it is that no more in this game against Cádiz, Real Madrid finished with a 75% possession and although he tried 15 shots, only two went to the goal (one of them to the post). On the other hand, his rival had 25% possession and tried the same 14 shots, but five went to goal

In the five games it has played in the Spanish League, Real Madrid has scored six goals. He went zero against Real Sociedad and Cádiz, while he scored one goal against Real Valladolid, two against Levante and three against Real Betis.

Now, Zidane will have to analyze what he has to reverse it, because on Wednesday he will play against Shakhtar at the start of the Champions League, while next Saturday he will be playing against Barcelona in the first classic of the season.

.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.