Prepare the puff pastry donuts and in just over 20 minutes you will have a typical sweet in the comfort of your home.
Puff pastry donuts are typical of many regions of our country and they are made mainly at Easter. There are the traditional donuts from Alcalá de Henares or the cristaleiro donuts, originally from Galicia, to give just two examples, and they are always a delicious snack to put in our mouth when we have a sweet craving. They are easy to make at home, it is not necessary to make the puff pastry, you can buy it already made.
For this recipe, use a puff pastry, which gives it a delicate consistency that melts on the palate, which will be bathed in syrup and then sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon. They are an elaboration that dates back centuries, and since then they have been presented at fairs, pilgrimages and celebrations in the various towns and cities of our geography. They are quite simple to prepare and are ready in no time. It is not necessary to fill them with anything, only the syrup bath will be enough to give them the ideal aroma.
How to prepare the puff pastry donuts:
- Preheat the oven at 220 ° C.
- Unroll the puff pastry sheets on the counter, where it will have been deployed baking paper.
- Melt the butter and paint one of the plates, place the other on top.
- With the help of two baking rings (one more than the other to make the central hole) cut the dough into as many rounds as possible.
- Insert the baking paper with the puff pastry rounds on a baking sheet and bake at 220 ° C for 20 minutes, until the dough begins to brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the syrup: put on the fire in a saucepan water with sugar and honey, cook for 10 minutes until the desired texture is obtained. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Take the donuts out of the oven at the end of the time, place them on a rack and bathe them with the syrup.
- Sprinkle after with sugar and cinnamon.
These homemade donuts are perfect for any day, as a dessert or as a snack. You can accompany it with a nutritious glass of cold milk or a rich and creamy coffee with milk.
In any case, puff pastry donuts are extremely easy to prepare and you don’t need a lot of pastry knowledge to get a delicious sweet to taste in the afternoons, with the kids and their friends.