The carbonara pizza is the best known white pizza, it is named after the pizza that does not contain tomato in its base. It is prepared with a carbonara base the same as for pasta or it can be prepared with cream on the base. The important thing is a quality homemade base and a balance between its ingredients: bacon, onion, cheese and mushrooms. It should be noted that the baking must be at a high temperature so that the dough is irresistibly crisp.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Category: principal
- Type of kitchen: Italian
- Calories: 513 Kcal per serving
Carbonara pizza ingredients for 2 people
- 1 pizza dough
- Semolina (optional)
- 150 ml de nata
- ½ white or purple onion
- 50 g of sliced mushrooms
- 100 g of mozzarella cheese
- 50 g of emmental cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make pizza carbonara
Preheat the oven, up and down, to maximum temperature. In my case 250 ºC. With the help of a rolling pin, give the dough a rounded shape trying to make it as thin as possible. Sprinkle with semolina to taste.
Spread the cream over the surface of the dough trying to make it as uniform as possible.
Spread the mozzarella and emmental cheese well over the pizza.
Add the chopped bacon and the sliced mushrooms.
Cut the onion into rings and incorporate it. Lastly, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
Bake at 250ºC for 15-20 minutes until the dough is crisp and the surface is golden.
Easy preparation summary
- Preheat the oven, up and down to maximum temperature
- Roll out the dough, giving it a rounded shape and sprinkle with semolina to taste
- Spread the cream on the dough base
- Spread the emmental cheese and mozzarella over the cream
- Cut the bacon and slice the mushrooms, add on the pizza
- Add the onion, cut into rings
- Finish the pizza by sprinkling freshly ground black pepper
- Bake at 250ºC for 15-20 minutes
- Remove from the oven and eat immediately