This Monday, June 28, the Peruvian Ceviche Day, flag dish of the coast of Peru for its unique flavor and simple preparation.
In 2004, the ceviche was declared Cultural Heritage of the Nation, while the officialization of the date of the commemoration was introduced in 2008, during the second government of the late APRA leader Alan García.
When is the Peruvian Ceviche Day?
Peruvian Ceviche Day is celebrated every June 28. This date was designated in 2008 by the Ministry of Production, due to the cultural and gastronomic value that the dish had at the national level. Likewise, the entity highlighted the modifications that the recipe presents according to the place where it is prepared.
Recipe to prepare Peruvian Ceviche
The recipe for ceviche It is one of the easiest to make of all the meals that make up the wide Peruvian gastronomy.
Step by Step
- Cut the fish into cubes and reserve
- Pass the ají limo all over the base of the container where the ceviche will be prepared
- Add the cut fish to that bowl
- Add salt, cilantro and ají limo. Mix
- Incorporate the lemon juice and mix. Add the tiger milk and continue mixing for a few seconds
- Add the onion cut into a feather, mix and serve
- In a plate place lettuce, sweet potato, onion, ceviche, squid pork rinds, corn and mountain field.
- 1 kg of fish fillet. It can be smooth, cojinova, widow, cabrilla, sole, grouper, tilapia, any fish with slightly firm pink or white flesh and delicate flavor
- 2 ajíes limo
- 2 red or purple onions
- Ground white pepper
- 20 lemons
- Canchita (optional)
- Sweet potato (optional)
In the book Bravazo !, the renowned national chef Gastón Acurio lists the steps for preparing ceviche. Here we share this formula with you.
- We cut the fish into medium cubes if the loins are thick, or into fillets if they are small. We season them generously with salt. Mix well and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Add a sliced chili pepper, cut in two. Mix with the pieces of fish and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Add half a red onion cut into thin strips, previously washed. A movidita and we tried the point of salt. At this point, the fish could already be eaten like this, raw, like a sashimi. If you feel that it lacks salt, add a little more. It is also time to add white or ground pepper
- Another movidita and we add the juice of 20 lemons, which we squeeze one by one over the fish, but without squeezing too much. Only up to half of each lemon. With the rest they make a lemonade. Why so? Because if we squeeze all the lemon, a bitter taste will come out of the white skin that will ruin all the ceviche
- Mix well and let the lemon cover the fish. We add an ice to it so that it maintains a cold temperature and we wait two minutes
- Add another onion cut into julienne strips, another minced chili pepper, stir and serve
- Accompany it with corn, corn, sweet potato, and voila. It is served in a platter and eaten with a spoon.
Gastronomy, latest news: