Lima, July 22, 2021Updated on 07/22/2021 12:56 pm
According to the criteria of
The lomo saltado It is one of the flag dishes of our country. What better way to learn how to prepare it at home in order to celebrate Peru’s bicentennial. Many will believe that it is very difficult to achieve a spectacular one at home, but with just ensuring a few simple steps, it will become your best recipe.
- 300 grams of loin
- Salt, pepper and cumin to taste to season the meat
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 Italian tomato
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce or 2 tablespoons vinegar + 2 tablespoons sugar
- To taste: coriander leaves, parsley leaves or chopped Chinese onion
- White rice and yellow fries to accompany
Cut the tomato and onion into thick julienne strips and finally the yellow pepper into strips. Clean the loin of excess fat and cut into thick cubes. Season with salt, pepper and cumin. Heat a frying pan and add a splash of oil until it smokes. Depending on the size of the pan, to avoid lowering the temperature too much, add the seasoned loin cubes in batches. Leave the tenderloin still as soon as it touches the pan until the meat forms a crust and then sauté for thirty seconds, remove and reserve. Repeat with the rest of the meat. Heat the same pan again and sauté the onion along with the yellow pepper and a tablespoon of ground garlic. Thirty seconds later, add the tomato wedges, vinegar and sauté for another 15 seconds. Quickly add the soy sauce, the oyster sauce and return the meat to the pan with its juices. Serve the lomo saltado with white rice and yellow fries.
1. Cortes: ensure that the cut of the meat is thick to better control the cooking term. The same with vegetables to keep them crispy.
2. Heat of the pan: patience with the heat of your skillet. Let it heat for about 2 minutes and let the oil smoke well so that the meat is well sealed. And since we are talking about cooking the meat …
3. Sealing the meat: Allowing the meat to crust over is essential to seal the meat and allow the juices to remain. When adding the meat to the pan, do not move it! Give it at least a minute in the intense heat, without moving it to achieve a delicious crust and that the juices remain inside.
It may interest you