Residents in the Pulomas area, East Jakarta, complained about noise and vehicles passing by from a padel field standing in their residential area. This citizen’s complaint was taken to the Jakarta State Administrative Court (PTUN).
One resident named Mutia (45) said that initially the land was two houses which were demolished around June 2024. Residents thought that the location would be a private tennis court.
“At first we thought about making a private tennis court, because the person has a house behind it. So that’s it, we didn’t have a problem. It turned out that at the end of October it started to get busy, there were flower arrangements, lots of cars. We just found out that this is commercial,” said Mutia when met in the Pulomas area, East Jakarta, Saturday (21/2/2026).
SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT
According to him, the padel field operates from 06.00 to 22.00 WIB. In a day, there are said to be two fields (court) which are used alternately for hours.
“Just imagine, 16 operational hours, two court. More than 100 cars come in and out a day. “We have one access door, everyone must pass through the front of the house,” he said.
Residents admitted that they had conducted mediation several times with the management. They asked for operating hours to be reduced, to install soundproofing, and to regulate vehicle parking so that they do not enter the complex.
“We only asked to reduce the hours, make it more secure so it wouldn’t be noisy, and park outside the portal. But until now there have been no significant changes,” he said.
Apart from noise from gaming activities, residents also complained about it event Certain events are said to last until late at night. In fact, he said, there had been bazaar activities and vehicle testing in the area without the residents’ knowledge.
“This is a residential area. Children are playing, people are coming in and out of the house. Suddenly it’s busy, cars are speeding. We just want to live quietly in our own home,” he said.
Residents also admitted that they had submitted complaints to various parties, from the RT/RW level, sub-district level, to related agencies. However, until now, padel field activities are said to be still ongoing.
He also admitted that he had taken various complaint routes, starting from the JAKI application to writing to City Hall, before finally suing the State Administrative Court (PTUN).
“We had an argument with JAKI. Initially the answer was that we couldn’t find PBG and NIB permits. But two days later we were told that the permits were already there. We were confused,” he said.
Not satisfied with this answer, residents then wrote letters to a number of agencies, including PTSP, related agencies, and even the DKI Jakarta City Hall. From there, residents obtain a copy of the permit document.
“When we studied it, the building area listed in the PBG did not match the conditions on the ground. That was our question,” he said.
Residents then went to various government offices to ask for clarification. They also complained to the DKI DPRD and the Ombudsman. However, according to residents, there is no concrete solution in sight.
“We have mediated several times. We hope that there will be action according to the rules, not just mediated again,” he said.
