The Book Exchange is the platform that gives books a second life.
Selling a book on the internet is a hassle. Selling your entire library is hell. So to sell its books at the best price, La Bourse aux Livres takes care of EVERYTHING for the seller: announcements, prices, shipping, payment, sav … it’s the consignment shop of the 21st century!
Startup with very strong growth (+ 7000% of turnover in 12 months) based in Paris (11), we want to make used books a standard: to allow all French people to have more economical and more ecological consumption. To accelerate our growth, we raised € 1M in January 2021.
As Operations Project Manager, your role is to develop our internal processes and services to support business growth. Fully integrated into the Operations team and in close collaboration with the Tech team and our supply chain partners, you will have to ensure the implementation of new solutions through the phases of planning, experimentation, development, implementation and control of each project. In short, co-constructing the best possible distribution infrastructure to offer all our users uncompromising second-hand consumption.
Your daily missions will consist of :
- Identify opportunities to improve existing processes by leveraging BI tools like BigQuery & Data Studio (advanced level of SQL required)
- Lead the planning and delivery (both operationally and technically) of projects that strengthen operational capacity, improve efficiency and improve customer experience
- Identify and reduce logistics and transport constraints to ensure business growth
- Design tickets and test protocols for the continuous improvement of the distribution infrastructure (Agile method)
- Monitor the performance and implementation of improvements by our partners to ensure that they continually meet our quality standards
- Ensure changes needed by stakeholders, systems and processes are defined, implemented and integrated, managing communication appropriately
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and partners such as Mondial Relay, Fnac, Colis Privé, Dispéo, etc.
You are the right person
With at least 3 years of experience in project management or operational development within a strong technological environment (ideally in e-commerce), you have already worked on similar missions within a scale -up or a specialized firm / agency. You are particularly:
- Motivated by challenges, you want to build with us the future of second-hand books for the French (and all those who need it!)
- A person who knows how to surpass himself and continuously learn new things to achieve ambitious goals
- An executioner, you enjoy solving problems, working in a team with passion and kindness
- Autonomous, rigorous and organized, you get to the end of things even in a limited time
- Comfortable in an Operations team, you are a rigorous and analytical person, you are always up to date with best practices in this area
- Tools: you master SQL (databases) and Excel / Gsheet (tools, data analysis), Google Data Studio (data visualization) is a plus
- Languages: French (mother tongue or bilingual) and English (full professional competence)
Bonus: you have already started your own business before.
## Joining La Bourse aux Livres means:
- Join an experienced and caring team
- An adventure in a hyper-growing start-up since day one
- A pleasant and stimulating work environment
- A warm atmosphere (team lunches, regular afterworks & monthly team building)
- Attractive compensation and capital incentive
- Ticket restaurants, health insurance, transport (50%)