Sogndal beat Åsane 3-1 in the OBOS league on Sunday and climbed up to seventh place in the table. Among the 1124 spectators at Fosshaugane Campus was a great visit.
Ole Gunnar Solskjær was in place with the whole family. The Manchester United manager came to see his son Noah (21), who escaped in the very final phase of the settlement.
– Of course it is cool that such a big profile is at an OBOS match and sees Sogndal, says midfielder Sivert Heggheim Mannsverk (19) to Dagbladet.
– At the same time he has a son who plays on the team. It is natural for the family to come and support him.
– Did it inspire to have Solskjær in the stands?
– It does not happen every day. It gives an extra boost. I think all the guys got that.
Solskjær appeared for the first time at the Sogndal training on Saturday.
– We did not realize he was coming. It was Noah who said he should be there by Monday, Mannsverk says.
He points out that Solskjær knows coach Eirik Bakke well. According to Sogn Avis, the United manager stayed at his home this weekend.
In the stands on Sunday, Solskjær sat with his wife Silje and the children Karna and Elijah. Young fans flocked to the Manchester United manager.
The 48-year-old was as pleasant as he usually is in a meeting with the supporters. He posed smiling for pictures.
– The young people with us registered that he was here and made contact, says Øyvind Heimset Larsen to Dagbladet. He is the leader of the supporter group Saftkokaradn and continues:
– He was very good in the stands. He talked to the local youth. He was, as he used to be, a pleasant fellow. He also got to see his son for a few minutes on the field. It was probably a nice trip, this.
It was in April that it became known that Noah Solskjær would be loaned out from Kristiansund to Sogndal. The loan agreement is valid until 31 August.
– He has shown great progression and development. The next step on the road is now to further optimize with as good a match arena as possible, and Noah will get that in Sogndal, said Kristiansund coach Christian Michelsen.
So far, the midfielder has been listed with a total of seven minutes for Sogndal this season.
Mannsverk points out that there will be “a little too much attention” around Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s visit.
– For us, it becomes a little more natural considering that the son plays for Sogndal. At the same time, I think it’s hard to understand how big this actually is. After all, he is the manager of one of the biggest clubs in the world, says Mannsverk, which is considered to be one of the biggest talents in Sogndal.
Manchester United start the season run-up in July. The players who have participated in the European Championship play-offs get extra holiday.
United states on the website that the team will meet Wayne Rooney’s Derby at Pride Park on 18 July.
This is followed by Queens Park Rangers on July 24, Brentford on July 28 and Everton on August 7.
The team opens the season opener at home against Leeds on 14 August.
|Wool / Pussy||8||3||1||4||12||–||13||10|