It completely boiled over when PSG lost their second game in a row after the start of Ligue 1.
Five minutes into overtime, there was a heated atmosphere between the Marseille and PSG players after a situation in the middle of the pitch. The uproar that ensued ended with no less than five players being sent off.
– It is clear that this is a hate settlement in France, with a lot of prestige involved. But these are sad pictures. Such a match will be about the sporting things that happen on the field, but now it is about the scandals afterwards, points out TV 2 expert Erik Huseklepp.
– I think it was all badly handled by the players and the referee. It became a soup the whole thing.
Among them was the superstar Neymar who hit opponent Alvaro in the back of the head with a flat hand several times.
Erik Huseklepp also thinks this situation was poorly handled by the match referee.
– It is not allowed to hit, but this was a slap. It was not like Neymar fired him straight down. I think it was strangely handled, he thinks.
The Brazilian clearly marked his dissatisfaction when he left the field, both to the assistant referee and the TV cameras.
According to Spanish Movistar accused Neymar Alvaro of making racist remarks.
– He was a racist. That’s why I beat him, he said.
He exclaims on Twitter:
– VAR easily catches my “aggression”. Now I want to see pictures of the racist who calls me “MONO HIJA DE PUTA” (fucking monkey). I want to see that!
– You punish me. I’m being expelled. But what about them? What’s up?
– There is no room for racism in football. It is serious if it happened, but I do not think so, says Marseille coach André Villas Boas according to the RMC.
In any case, Neymar is not a repentant sinner.
– The only thing I regret is that I did not hit the asshole in the face, writes he on Twitter.
VAR catching my “aggression” is easy … now I want to see the image of the racist calling me “MONO HIJO DE PUTA” (monkey motherfucker) … that I want to see!
What’s up? REEL u punish me .. CASCUDO am expelled … what about them? What’s up ?
– Neymar Jr (@neymarjr) September 13, 2020
On Monday night, Álvaro González responded to Neymar’s accusation.
– There is no room for racism. Sometimes you have to learn to endure a loss and take it on the field, the Marseille player wrote on Twitter.
Laywin Kurzawa and Leandro Paredes from PSG were also shown the red card, as well as Dario Benedetto and Jordan Amavi from Marseille.
It was when Paredes sent Benedetto to the ground that the commotion started. Both were sent off for their second yellow card.
Florian Thauvin scored the only goal of the match after half an hour at the Parc des Princes, and after two series rounds, PSG stands with zero goals and zero points after two 0-1 defeats.
– The victory was important for us, but we did not want it to end like this. It is disappointing, we are role models, Thauvin says to Telefoot after the match.
Marseille could finally cheer for victory and stand with a full points pot after two games played, similar to Saint-Étienne. Rennes, Monaco and Lille are at the top of the table with seven points in three games.
Birger Meling scored an assist for Nîmes, but could not prevent a 2-4 loss at home to Rennes. Norwegian Kosovar Bersant Celina played the second half for Dijon, who lost 0-2 to Brest.
PSG is one of four pointless teams in the French 1st division. Last season, PSG won the league, cup and league cup in France and narrowly lost to Bayern Munich in the Champions League final.