The Department of Justice accuses Albayalde, 12 ‘ninjas’ police for grafting in the drug raid of Pampanga 2013

MANILA (TO UPDATE) – The Department of Justice (DOJ) has found probable cause to accuse the former head of the Philippine National Police (PNP) Oscar Albayalde and 12 other police officers in connection with a 2013 drug operation in Mexico, Pampanga .

In a statement issued on Thursday, a panel of state prosecutors said it found probable cause to accuse Albayalde of “violation of the Anti-Corruption and Graft Practices Act for persuading, inducing or influencing another public official to perform an act that constitutes a violation of the rules and regulations in relation to the official duties of the latter, and for causing any undue damage to any of the parties, including the government. “

Meanwhile, he released Albayalde from charges of misappropriation of confiscated drugs, forgery of public documents and lack of prosecution of police officers.

The panel also found a probable cause to accuse another 12 police officers for several violations, including qualified bribery, evidence sowing and delay and interference in the prosecution of drug cases, among others.

Albayalde had resigned in October last year, just a few weeks before his retirement, as he faced accusations of protecting his men linked to the sale of illegal drugs seized during his time as Pampanga police chief.

Officers were accused of stealing about 160 kilos of shabu from a 2013 operation against a suspected Chinese drug trafficker.

Among the defendants were: police lieutenant colonel Rodney Raymundo Louie Juico Baloyo IV; Young Police Lieutenant Bagnot De Guzman, Jr .; The First Police Sergeant. Jules Lacap Maniago, Donald Castro Roque, Ronald Bayas Santos, Rommel Muñoz Vital, Alcindor Mangiduyos Tinio, Eligio Dayos Valeroso and Dante Mercado Dizon; and the sergeants of the police staff. Dindo Singian Dizon, Gilbert Angeles De Vera and Romeo Encarnacio Guerrero Jr.

A police officer, Police Cpl. Anthony Loleng Lacsamana, was acquitted of the charges for insufficient evidence. The panel discovered that he was not part of the operation.

The Panel said it would present its findings to the Office of the Ombudsman.

The secretary of Justice, Menardo Guevarra, had asked the panel in October 2019 to re-investigate the allegations surrounding the drug raid after the former head of the PNP Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG), Benjamin Magalong , and the head of the Philippine Drug Control Agency (PDEA), Aaron Aquino, accused Albayalde of intervening in the case of Pampanga officers.

The two retired police officers said Albayalde, then head of Pampanga police, made calls to make sure they were not expelled.

Former Luzon Central police chief Rudy Lacadin also said that Albayalde not only tried to influence the outcome of the investigation, but also admitted to participating in the drug spoils.

– Mike Navallo report, ABS-CBN News

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *