NEWS: A three year old boy dies after being locked in a washing machine

0
3

A three-year-old boy died in a home in Florida, USA. UU., On Sunday, August 4, after being locked in a front-loading washing machine, local media reported WWLP based on a police report in Orlando.

Investigators from the Orlando police said it looked like the boy was playing with his brother in the laundry room of the house on Lake Como when he was trapped in the washing machine.

When the paramedics arrived, the boy did not respond. He had cardiopulmonary resuscitation in an attempt to revive him.

He was later transferred to the Arnold Palmer Hospital, where he was declared dead.

In the light of this death, authorities urge parents to take precautions to prevent similar situations, and recommend that washing machines and dryers have a child-proof lock or handle.

The Orlando police spokesman, Cory Burkarth, said in a statement: "We also ask that parents talk to their children and learn that washing machines, dryers, and other devices are not toys and should not play with them."

No other details were revealed as the investigation is ongoing, Burkarth said.