The Secretary of Education of the District extended the deadline for the registration process for the #RetoAlaU program until this Tuesday, January 18. The call offers 4,000 places to high school graduates from public or private schools in Bogotá.
The District invites the young population of the city that is unemployed and without access to higher education to be part of #RetoaLaU, the higher education immersion program that offers free courses, subjects, diplomas or programs of continuing education or extension in Institutions of Higher Education, public and private in the city.
Registration for applicants will be open until January 18 on the website of the Ministry of Education http://www.retoalau.edu.co/
4,000 high school graduates will benefit
The program will fund up to eight (8) academic credits to the 4,000 high school graduates benefited according to the offer arranged for the first semester of 2022. Additionally, within the framework of the support process, the program assigns a maintenance support of up to a minimum salary per semester, depending on the number of academic credits enrolled.
With Reto a la U 3.0, the selected young people will have the chance to do some of the 354 courses in 10 Higher Education Institutions among which are: National University of Colombia, Antonio Nariño University, Forest University, La Salle University, University of Applied and Environmental Sciences – UDCA, ECCI University, Externado University of Colombia, Minuto de Dios University, San Buenaventura University and Sergio Arboleda University.
For each of the courses, subjects, diplomas, extension programs and/or continuing education that has been completed and/or approved, a certificate will be received. Similarly, the homologation of credits It will be carried out once the student decides to make the transition to a higher education program offered by one of the institutions in which he has advanced his process.
Entering this program and completing the training process will will allow the beneficiaries to obtain an additional score in the current calls for access to higher education of the Ministry of Education, as is the case of Jovenes a la U (8 points) and the Higher Education Fund for All (7 points). It is recalled that these calls will soon be operated by the Agency for Higher Education, Science and Technology ATENEA.
Requirements to be part of Challenge to U 3.0
Be a high school graduate from an official or private institution in Bogotá
Have taken the Saber test or State test for access to higher education
· Be less than 28 years old
Not having a record as a dependent or independent worker contributing in the security system in the last 3 months from the opening of the call
· Not be a student of an undergraduate program and not have completed a higher education program in the last year from the opening of the call
1. Consult the result of the saber 11 test. It should be borne in mind that the registration number will be necessary to register, as well as the score or percentile obtained in the test.
2. Take the socio-occupational orientation test on the page of the Ministry of National Education to identify which higher education programs are the most related to their interests and aptitudes.
3. Enter the website of the Ministry of Education to consult the conditions of the #RetoALaU Call and then access the registration form.
4. Enter the registration form: Once the information is saved, the registration process will be confirmed and the system will send an email indicating the registered courses (Remember that once the form is saved, no modifications can be made).
Challenge to the U 3.0 seeks that the young beneficiaries can access spaces of approach to university life in order to have the dream immersion in higher education.