Application deadline on February 2
This is a joint competition between VU and VUMC investigators. All investigators should follow these instructions.
Vanderbilt University (VU and VUMC) can nominate an assistant professor for the Herbert W. Nicks Faculty Fellowship of the American Association of Medical Colleges. This award recognizes an outstanding junior faculty member who has:
- Demonstrated leadership potential in addressing inequalities in medical education and healthcare
- Demonstrated efforts to address the educational, social, and healthcare needs of minorities in the United States
- Committed to medical academic career
Recipients will receive a $25,000 grant for a project to support minorities in the United States.
- Become a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Currently a full-time assistant professor of a medical school.
- Appointment of Assistant Professor from July 1, 2017.
- Only appointed as an assistant professor.
- Have a doctor of medicine, doctorate or other doctorate degree.
Internal selection process
Anyone interested in being nominated by Vanderbilt must report to[email protected]Submit the following documents (PDF format).
In any of the following sections, be sure to describe the efforts made to address the educational, social, and healthcare needs of minorities in the United States.
- A personal statement discussing your motivations and goals for a career in academic medicine (1 page);
- Project description, including project purpose, goals, goals and potential achievements (1 page);
- Total project budget with a limit of $25,000 (1/2
1 1 page);
- Dean of Department/Centre Director Support Statement;
- A five-page resume or NIH biological sketch.
If you have any questions, please pass[email protected]contact us.
The news is intended to spread useful information, the original English address: https://news.vanderbilt.edu/2021/01/13/limited-submission-opportunity-aamc-herbert-w-nickens-faculty-fellowship-4/