Do you like to cook the richest desserts and dishes at Easter? Here we show you this recipe for Lenten pancakes with pumpkin.
If you want to prepare a light Lenten meal, very healthy and easy to make, try these pumpkin pancakes, a tasty and very versatile snack. You can enjoy them at any time of the day, as cold they are very rich and good for the diet, but you can also serve them as a starter or as a main dish, accompanied by a fresh vegetable salad of your choice.
Increasing the consumption of pumpkin is highly recommended And not only if you want to lose weight, improve intestinal transit or eliminate belly swelling. Pumpkin is rich in fiber and water, is very satiating, highly digestible and lacks fat, but instead provides vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin A, C, E, potassium and magnesium.
These pancakes can be made with white flour or whole wheat flour. If you want to increase its nutritional content, use a combination of whole grain flours, such as whole wheat flour and flax seed flour.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
For the filling:
- 300 grams of pumpkin
- 1 onion
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- In a bowl, Combine the flour with the salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the mineral water little by little, stirring until a moist center is formed.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil and the rest of the water until you get a creamy batter, a little more consistent than that of pancakes.
- Let stand 30 minutes while continuing with the recipe.
- Peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds and cut into cubes little ones.
- Peel the onion into cubes and sauté until golden.
- Transfer to a bowl and fry the pumpkin over high heat until golden brown.
- Mix the pumpkin with the onion, add the dough that you have reserved and a little salt.
- Pour a drizzle of oil into a frying pan and see forming the pancakes on top over medium-high heat on both sides, spooning the dough and squashing them a little.
- Serve the pancakes on a platter and Accompany the dish with a colorful vegetable salad.
Did you like this recipe for healthy Lenten pancakes? Leave us your comments. Share with your friends on social networks. Click on the buttons and send them this light and healthy recipe for Lenten pancakes.