Jinger Duggar and Jeremy Vuolo ‘wholeheartedly agree’ with TLC’s decision to cancel Counting On

Jinger Duggar and her husband Jeremy Vuolo have spoken out about the cancelation of the family’s TLC show, Counting On, in the wake of oldest brother Josh’s child pornography arrest — as it was announced today that his trial would be bumped from July to November.

Josh, 33, forced the family into an unfavorable spotlight on April 29 when he was arrested for receiving and possessing child sexual abuse material on his computer.

Though he has not appeared on the family’s TLC’s show since it was rebranded in 2015 — following his previous sexual abuse scandal — critics have called for the network to pull Counting On from the air and stop contributing to patriarch Jim Bob’s bank account.

On Tuesday, TLC announced that they were, in fact, canceling the show, a decision that Jinger, 27, and Jeremy, 33, say they ‘wholeheartedly agree’ with.

It's OK: Jinger Duggar and her husband Jeremy Vuolo said that they 'wholeheartedly agree' with TLC's decision to cancel the family TV show, Counting On

It’s OK: Jinger Duggar and her husband Jeremy Vuolo said that they ‘wholeheartedly agree’ with TLC’s decision to cancel the family TV show, Counting On

'We are grateful for TLC giving us the opportunity to be on their network over the years and their kindness towards the Vuolo family. It's been a remarkable journey,' they said

'We are grateful for TLC giving us the opportunity to be on their network over the years and their kindness towards the Vuolo family. It's been a remarkable journey,' they said

‘We are grateful for TLC giving us the opportunity to be on their network over the years and their kindness towards the Vuolo family. It’s been a remarkable journey,’ they said

Over: TLC announced that it 'will not be producing additional seasons of Counting On' and said it's 'important to give the Duggar family the opportunity to address their situation privately'

Over: TLC announced that it 'will not be producing additional seasons of Counting On' and said it's 'important to give the Duggar family the opportunity to address their situation privately'

Over: TLC announced that it ‘will not be producing additional seasons of Counting On’ and said it’s ‘important to give the Duggar family the opportunity to address their situation privately’

The decision to end the show is a long time coming for vocal critics who have even launched petitions on the matter.

It has previously been asserted — by Jill Duggar’s husband Derick Dillard — that only patriarch Jim Bob got paid for 19 Kids and Counting and its sequel, Counting On. Since Josh’s arrest, critics have pointed out Jim Bob is likely paying for Josh’s defense with TLC’s paychecks — which thousands of people said should come to an end.

And on Tuesday, the network told Us Weekly that it will no longer produce the show.

‘TLC will not be producing additional seasons of Counting On,’ they said. ‘TLC feels it is important to give the Duggar family the opportunity to address their situation privately.’

So far, the only people who appear on the show to have commented are Jinger and Jeremy in a joint statement on Instagram.

‘We are grateful for TLC giving us the opportunity to be on their network over the years and their kindness towards the Vuolo family. It’s been a remarkable journey that has opened doors to traveling and experiencing the world in a way that we wouldn’t have imagined possible,’ they wrote.

Cut out: He has not appeared on the family's TLC's show since it was rebranded in 2015 — following his previous sexual abuse scandal for molesting his sisters

Cut out: He has not appeared on the family's TLC's show since it was rebranded in 2015 — following his previous sexual abuse scandal for molesting his sisters

Cut out: He has not appeared on the family’s TLC’s show since it was rebranded in 2015 — following his previous sexual abuse scandal for molesting his sisters

‘We wholeheartedly agree with TLC’s decision not to renew “Counting On” and are excited for the next chapter in our lives. We’d like to thank our fans, friends and the amazing film crew who have shown us love and support.

‘We look forward to continuing our creative journey in Los Angeles and seeing what the future holds.’

Neither TLC nor the Vuolos have indicated whether or not this is the absolute end of the Duggars on TLC.

In 2015, when InTouch unearthed old police reports documenting how Josh had sexually abused four of his younger siblings, TLC canceled 19 Kids and Counting — but replaced it months later with Counting On.

Though Counting On was advertised as a new show about the married children and their growing families, it has included every member of the Duggar family except for Josh, with many scenes filmed at Jim Bob and Michelle’s house.

It’s as yet unknown whether TLC will consider a future rebranding, or even a spinoff featuring a single Duggar couple.

The official Duggar family Instagram account hasn’t commented on the news, nor have any other members of the immediate family.

Ready to talk: Cousin Amy also commented on the cancelation, wondering if it meant her NDA is now void and she can talk about her family to the press

Ready to talk: Cousin Amy also commented on the cancelation, wondering if it meant her NDA is now void and she can talk about her family to the press

Ready to talk: Cousin Amy also commented on the cancelation, wondering if it meant her NDA is now void and she can talk about her family to the press

Shady: She also shared this image on Twitter showing a person with a TV on their head and the words: 'It's all lies, darling'

Shady: She also shared this image on Twitter showing a person with a TV on their head and the words: 'It's all lies, darling'

Shady: She also shared this image on Twitter showing a person with a TV on their head and the words: ‘It’s all lies, darling’

However, cousin Amy — who appeared in early episodes of 19 Kids and Counting and was billed as the ‘rebel’ Duggar who didn’t follow a strict evangelical lifestyle — has reacted to the cancelation.

On Twitter, she shared a black and white image featuring a television that reads: ‘It’s all lies, darling.’

And on Instagram, she shared video hinting that she would love to be able to share Duggar family secrets now that the show is over — but is unsure if she is still legally silenced by an NDA she signed.

‘Question for anyone out there who is a lawyer, a.k.a. Derick,’ she began, tagging Jill’s husband Derick Dillard, who just graduated from law school.

‘Once a show is canceled, does that mean that if anyone has signed an NDA, is that canceled as well? Since there’s no show to protect?’ she asks.

‘I have a feeling that things are going to get very interesting,’ she goes on, raising her eyebrows.

Still out free: Josh was set to go on trial next month on child porn charges, but on Tuesday a judge pushed the start date back until November 30

Still out free: Josh was set to go on trial next month on child porn charges, but on Tuesday a judge pushed the start date back until November 30

Still out free: Josh was set to go on trial next month on child porn charges, but on Tuesday a judge pushed the start date back until November 30

The children: Out on bail, he is allowed to see his six children with pregnant wife Anna under supervision

The children: Out on bail, he is allowed to see his six children with pregnant wife Anna under supervision

The children: Out on bail, he is allowed to see his six children with pregnant wife Anna under supervision

Out: Josh was released on bail while he awaits trial for receiving and possessing child sexual abuse material

Out: Josh was released on bail while he awaits trial for receiving and possessing child sexual abuse material

Out: Josh was released on bail while he awaits trial for receiving and possessing child sexual abuse material

TLC’s cancelation news comes as Josh’s trial was pushed back five months, from July 6 to November 30.

U.S. District Judge Timothy L. Brooks granted Josh’s request to delay his trial, though not quite as much as he’d hoped.

Josh’s lawyers had asked that the trial be pushed to a date ‘in or after February 2022,’ calling the case ‘complex’ with a ‘several-year federal investigation’ and saying they expect the trial to involve ‘computer forensic evidence and anticipated expert opinion testimony.’

They said they have ‘retained an independent computer forensic expert who must conduct a computer forensic examination of each of the devices at issue — a time-consuming process that requires review at a government facility for the one device the Government alleges contained child pornography.’

They said the computer forensic expert must ‘conduct a time-intensive process of reviewing the remaining devices that the Government does not allege contained child pornography,’ which they say could take several months.

See also  Home cinema - What series to watch these days?

But prosecutors in Arkansas objected, telling the court they would agree to a ‘reasonable continuance’ of three months but said postponing the trial to next year ‘would result in unnecessary delay.’

They suggested that a three month delay would allow Josh’s lead attorney Justin Gelfand to prepare for his other criminal trials scheduled for September, October, and November, but ‘there exists no legally or factually valid reason supporting a continuance until February of 2022.’

Taking him in: LaCount and Maria Reber agreed to take him in while he is on house arrest

Taking him in: LaCount and Maria Reber agreed to take him in while he is on house arrest

Taking him in: LaCount and Maria Reber agreed to take him in while he is on house arrest

Gross: Duggar is alleged to have downloaded the child sexual abuse material online back in 2019 on May 14, 15, and 16

Gross: Duggar is alleged to have downloaded the child sexual abuse material online back in 2019 on May 14, 15, and 16

Gross: Duggar is alleged to have downloaded the child sexual abuse material online back in 2019 on May 14, 15, and 16

His wife, Anna, reportedly thinks he is innocent — and blames his parents for his arrest

His wife, Anna, reportedly thinks he is innocent — and blames his parents for his arrest

His wife, Anna, reportedly thinks he is innocent — and blames his parents for his arrest

The judge appears to have met them in the middle with a five-month delay until November 30.

Josh is facing charges stemming from a raid on his now-closed car dealership, Wholesale Motorcars, in 2019.

Investigators seized Duggar’s computer and cellphone, and an agent testified that they found 65 child sexual abuse images showing a young girl. Agents also allegedly found a two-minute video that showed a man sexually abusing two young girls, aged between five and 10 years old.

Two hundred child sexual abuse images found on the computer were located in ‘unallocated space,’ which means someone tried to delete them, the agent said.

He said that the images found on Josh’s computer were ‘in the top five of the worst of the worst that I’ve ever had to examine.’

Josh is alleged to have downloaded the child sexual abuse material online back in 2019 on May 14, 15, and 16.

But Josh was released on bail to the home of LaCount and Maria Reber, where he has an ankle monitor, until his trial.

He is allowed supervised visits with his six children, and his pregnant wife Anna has reportedly taken them to see him — and is convinced that he is innocent. In fact, she reportedly blames his parents for the arrest.

.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.