28 Jun 2021 – 8:01 p. m.
If you are craving a delicious stuffed arepa, follow this simple step by step and give your afternoons a different flavor. Click and discover the recipe.
Arepas are an exquisite dish from both Colombia and Venezuela. They are perfect at any time of the day and are very versatile to combine with various ingredients. From cheese to protein can accompany this simple dish.
It may interest you: How to make BBQ wings? Find out in this recipe
In an interview with the Cromos Magazine, Diego Ernesto Canchon, chef and expert in the preparation of artisanal peto arepas, told us about this simple recipe to make mixed stuffed arepas and surprise everyone at home.
Let’s get started!
For 8 people
– ½ kilo of shredded meat
– ½ chicken breast
– 4 cups of cornmeal
– 6 cups of water
– 1 onion
– 1 paprika
– Salt to taste
– Vegetable oil
Read also: 3 incredible recipes in air fryer: chicken, mojarra and aubergines
– Cook the meat and breast previously. Reserve each protein in a bowl while you do the rest of the steps.
– For the arepas dough, take a bowl and add the water and salt.
– Add the corn flour little by little.
– Knead with enveloping movements until you get a homogeneous consistency without lumps.
– Form 8 balls of dough and flatten them with your hands until you get a circular shape. You can use a mold.
– Put a frying pan or a griddle over medium heat and put them to brown.
– While the arepas are cooking, take two small pots.
– Cut the vegetables into small cubes.
– Add a little oil to each one and sauté, in equal quantities, the onion, garlic and paprika.
– Once these ingredients are fried, add the shredded chicken in a pot.
– In the other pot, add the shredded meat. In both cases, let it brown.
– After time, remove the arepas from the pan or grill.
– Open them in half and fill them with chicken and meat.
– You can add other elements such as avocado, cheese, ham, quail eggs, etc.
Accompany with your favorite drink and enjoy at any time of your day.