Students are on vacation and it is time to disconnect after a difficult school year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, this is also the time when they are published many calls for scholarships for the start of the 2021-2022 cycle, so it is necessary to be aware of the information published by federal agencies.
Through a statement, the National Coordination of Becas para el Bienestar Benito Juárez (CNBBBJ) reported that they will soon open the process to request the “Scholarship to Start the Degree”.
The support is aimed at students and graduates of the Bachelor’s Degree or Higher University Technician (TSU), enrolled in Public Institutions of Higher Education (IPES) of Mexico who have started the process to carry out a thesis or any other written work or professional activity that leads to obtaining the degree.
“Its purpose is to help students and graduates / achieve academic and professional improvement by awarding scholarships to obtain the corresponding academic degree,” indicated the CNBBBJ.
The student beneficiaries of the program will receive aid of up to 4,000 pesos and the deadline to request it will open from August 24 to September 14, 2021. We explain the requirements and everything you need to know to be part of the program.
Which are the requirements?
– General requirements
1. Be nominated by the IPES of origin.
2. Having started the process to carry out the thesis or any other written work or professional activity to obtain the degree from August 2020 until July 14, 2021. The subject or activity to obtain the degree must be accepted by the IPES of origin.
3. Not having obtained the academic degree for which the scholarship is requested (Bachelor or TSU).
4. Not having another federal economic benefit granted for the same purpose.
5. Not having other federal financial support that under the principle of temporality is not compatible with the scholarship requested.
6. Register your scholarship application in the Unique System of Higher Education Beneficiaries (SUBES) on the page https://subes.becasbenitojuarez.gob.mx/.
7. Have a CLABE registered in SUBES.
– Specific requirements
* For graduates: have graduated as of September 2020.
* For students: be a regular student of a Bachelor’s or TSU program and have no pending subjects from previous school cycles. It is also compulsory to take the subjects according to the study plan.
How to apply for the scholarship?
To receive this financial support, the IPES must register the updated school record of each student on the SUBES platform https: //subes.becasbenitojuarez.gobmx/. This first step must be done before completing the registration.
Afterwards, the student will have to verify that the data uploaded by their institution is correct. If not, the center will have to modify them. Once they are corrected, the applicant will be able to activate his school record. After this, you will have to start the scholarship process, fulfilling the following steps:
1. Applicants will register their scholarship application through SUBES on the website: https://subes.becasbenitojuarez.gob.mx/ from August 24 to September 14, 2021.
2. The student must submit the required documents in their IPES, -explained in the next section of this note-, or send them by email.
3. The IPES of origin will apply, through the module “Apply IPES” of SUBES from August 24 to September 17, 2021, applicants who meet the requirements established in this call. The mandatory documents previously submitted by the student will be integrated.
4. The CNBBBJ will review the scholarship application and the socioeconomic questionnaire of the applicants through SUBES.
5. The results will be published on the website https://www.gob.mx/becasbenitojuarez/articulos/becas-elisa-acuna on October 8, 2021.
6. To receive the scholarship payment, the applicant “will have the obligation to capture correctly in the UP the CLABE (18 digits) of a bank account, between August 24 and September 14. This account must have the following characteristics:
* That it is active.
* That the account holder is the beneficiary.
* That allows electronic transfers, withdrawals and deposits greater than the total amount of the scholarship.
* That the account belongs to a banking institution that resides within the national territory.
* That the account is not from “Banco IXE”, “Banco Walmart”, “Banco Ahorro Famsa” or “Bancoppel Youth Cash Account”.
* That is not an “electronic wallet” type account.
* That has no deposit limit per month.
* That is not an investment account.
What are the documents that I must present?
Students or graduates who wish to apply for the Scholarship to Start the Degree must submit or send electronically to their original IPES from August 24 to September 14 the following documents:
1. Acknowledgment generated by the SUBES of the registration of the application for the “Grant to start the Degree”.
2. Document stating that you have started the thesis, the written work or the professional activity that will lead you to the degree. You must indicate the start and end date.
3. Letter under protest of telling the truth stating:
* Place and date of issue.
* Name of the applicant.
* Only for graduates: graduation date (day / month / year).
* Name of the thesis or written work or professional activity that will lead to the degree.
* Start date of the thesis or written work or professional activity that will lead to the degree.
* Manifestation under protest of telling the truth that the subject of the written work or professional activity that will lead to the degree has the acceptance of your IPES.
* Declaration that you do not have other financial support granted by any agency of the Centralized Federal Public Administration, which under the principle of temporality is not compatible with the scholarship you are requesting.
* Confirmation that you have not obtained the academic degree for which you are requesting the scholarship (Bachelor’s Degree or TSU).
* Signature of the applicant.
If you have questions about the process, you can consult the call document by clicking here.