Home Health Patient dies after receiving infection in the hospital

Patient dies after receiving infection in the hospital

A patient died after a bacterial outbreak in a hospital near Glasgow.

Death took place at the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Paisley, where the patient was already struggling with an underlying condition & # 39 ;.

NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde (NHS GGC) would not confirm when the death occurred.

It is the latest in a number of deaths by patients related to an infection that has come to light this year.

An NHS GGC spokeswoman said: "Our thoughts are with the family of the patient who has died.

"We keep a close eye on the infection rates of our hospitals at all times.

"We have brought this situation fully in line with national guidelines and it is this rigorous approach to infection control that has effectively identified and managed it.

"Control measures were introduced immediately.

"Patients in the unit have been screened and tests have proven negative, and there have been no further cases.

"Unfortunately, a patient who was seriously unwell with their underlying condition died, and a bacterial infection was one of a number of factors that played a role.

"A second patient has been treated and is recovering and a third patient does not need treatment and is stable in an unrelated condition."

Health secretary Jeane Freeman said: "My thoughts and sympathies are with the families involved, and in particular the family of the deceased person.

"NHS GGC provide support to the family and have communicated the situation to all other patients and families involved.

"Although no additional infections are associated with this incident, a deep clearing has been carried out and additional control measures have been taken.

"Health Protection Scotland is assured that the board has carried out the proper investigation and that control measures have been taken."

Meanwhile, prosecutors continue to view two deaths at Glasgow's Queen Elizabeth University Hospital.

A 10-year-old boy and a 73-year-old woman died after contracting the Cryptococcus infection.

Must Read

We launch the Feast of Humanity!

As of the end of the month, we are providing the support voucher that gives access to it. This has been increased by two...

Mega Millions results for 04/09/19; Jackpot worth 120 million dollars

LANSING, MI - The Mega Millions jackpot continues to grow as there was no winner of the $ 120m jackpot draw on Tuesday,...