What to form an opinion.
This is not new … To tell the truth, it is even very far since almost every week we hear about this approach, the one that leads the old games to come back to the front of the stage in a new setting. But sometimes, it must be recognized that the approach is a little more understood and this is for example the case with this remastered edition of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, this little-known RPG from the famous double consonant franchise released on Gamecube in 2003/04.
Expected now for August 27 on PS4, Switch and mobiles (iOS and Android), the title of Square Enix will offer to live in improved conditions this adventure resolutely multiplayer oriented, not only with reworked graphics, re-recording of music / voice and new dungeons and bosses, but also and above all in the company of a multiplayer (crossplay) playable until 4 online. In short enough to convince the public in a period which promises to be very busy with, among other things, Wasteland 3, Marvel’s Avengers, Mafia : Definitive Edtion, Project CARS 3 and Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2
But today we learn that a little more to drive Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered to arouse more desire was added to the deal. Indeed, while the title is heading straight for a multiplayer experience, it will opt for a friendly approach with the release of a lite edition.
Downloadable for free on August 27, it will allow everyone to test the first three levels of the title solo and enjoy more consistent multiplayer (on 13 levels) with a player who bought the game (few regardless of which medium thanks to crossplay):
‟Players who purchased the full game will be able to host multiplayer games with players using Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition Lite. Thus, teams of up to four caravanners will be able to explore up to thirteen dungeons together with a single copy of the full game. Players can also transfer their save data to the full game, allowing them to continue their fantasy adventure without transition. ”
In short, a way like any other to try to snack on an additional part. And if that is not enough, know that Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered tries to prove a little more that it has been the subject of alterations since Square Enix also announces to have installed new features and more in the game:
– A fast chat with new tactical controls to easily give written instructions to teammates during online multiplayer games.
– A magic count with a new system helping to synchronize and combine magic attacks.
– Of interface improvements with a mini map so that players always have a strategic view of their environment.
– Of additional difficulty modes which, once the main scenario is completed, will allow you to explore difficult dungeons which contain powerful enemies and new challenges.
– And an original soundtrack more than updated with over 50 songs composed by the original game’s composer, Kumi Tanioka, including re-recorded versions of the popular themes Sound of the Wind and Starry Moonlit Night.
Hopefully this is enough to make the game enjoyable enough.