Yesterday, Yuri Shatunov, the star of the 80s and 90s, the first soloist of Tender May, passed away. He will be buried on June 26 at the Troekurovsky cemetery in Moscow, the Berdsk-Online website reports.
Not a single generation has grown up on the uncomplicated “White Roses” and “Pink Sunset”. The girls sobbed at the concerts of the group assembled by Andrey Razin from the orphanage boys. Having gained all-Union fame, Yura left the group.
Ivan Vikharev is a musician from Berdsk. In the late 80s of the last century, like many at that time, he was fond of the work of the Laskovy May group. After the soloist Yuri Shatunov left the group, Ivan had the idea to try his hand at the big stage. He came to Moscow, and managed to become a member of the stellar team. He managed to get into the main team, later May had many understudies. When the Berdchanin performed his song “Coconut Island” at the rehearsal, the group’s producer Andrei Razin liked the song so much that he was taken as a soloist. In 1993, “Tender May” practically ceased to exist and give concerts. Ivan Vikharev returned to his native Berdsk to devote himself to his solo career. Now he continues to write music, made several videos, gives concerts in Berdsk and the Novosibirsk region.
– I got into the Tender May group at the beginning of 1991, when Yuri Shatunov left the group. Worked with the team for three years. Worked under the direction of Andrey Aleksandrovich Razin. The soloist was Yura Gurov, who crashed near Stavropol a few years ago, – Ivan Vikharev recalls.
– Ivan, what is the phenomenon of the group? Why was she so popular? Why do girls cry at concerts?
– “Tender May” is the last musical bomb of the departed country of the USSR. After the group’s concerts in one city or another, other artists had to cancel concerts. Their rooms were empty. Therefore, many artists did not like us. At that time it was something new, a breath of fresh air for the youth. It was a disco, which was not in the SSR before “Tender May”. There were simple guys on the stage, which was also unusual – after all, then only such pros as Kobzon, Pugacheva, Rotaru and Leontiev were stars …
Ivan recalls that people of different ages, different social statuses went to the group’s concerts. Although he does not hide the fact that for the most part they were still young girls.
“According to statistics, every third person who lived in our country at that time was at least once at the “Tender May” concert,” the musician adds.
– Did you know Yuri Shatunov?
– Close – no, I worked with Razin, Yura at that time had already taken up a solo career. I met Yura live only once, at a concert dedicated to the 25th anniversary of the group. Shatunov collected stadiums alone. He was loved by millions. So there was probably some kind of Shatunov phenomenon in this. He was a simple orphanage guy. I have always worked live. It’s a pity, of course, the guy. Still quite young. I know that he always smoked a lot, from childhood, from the orphanage. That lately Shatunov and Razin had trials over the repertoire of Tender May. But I can’t say anything more specific, says Ivan.
He added that, despite the fact that he is very sorry about Yura’s passing away, he considers it inappropriate to go to the funeral.
The official telegram channel of Yuri Shatunov reports that the farewell to the singer will take place on June 26 from 10.00 to 15.00 in the farewell hall of the Troekurovsky cemetery (Ryabinovaya street, 24).
In the photo, Ivan Vikharev is with the drummer of the first composition of the Laskovy May group, a friend of Yura Shatunov (raised together in the same orphanage), then he was the soloist of the group. Now he is pursuing a solo career.