The main event of WrestleMania 35 will be Becky Lynch against Charlotte Flair against Ronda Rousey.
1. WWE had no choice but the company still deserves credit for announcing Monday that Becky Lynch against Charlotte Flair against Ronda Rousey will be the main event at WrestleMania 35 on April 7, making it the first time a women's title game Mania.
The company has come a long way in building the female superstars, called "Diva's". With Becky Lynch becoming the most popular person, both male and female, in the WWE, this was the perfect time to make a women's match the main event of the WWE year. Add the crossover appeal of Ronda Rousey thanks to his UFC days and it's not hard to see that there is much more interest in the women's three-way game than that of Seth Rollins against Brock Lesnar who was also in consideration for the main event.
The women's game also includes Charlotte Flair, who, even in the world of a competition with a predetermined result, has generated much controversy. Many WWE fans prefer to see Becky beat Ronda one on one, but Vince McMahon has decided to add some star power to the game by launching Flair. (Does this mean we will see Ric Flair try to interfere?) The truth is, with Lynch being the fan favorite, Rousey established himself as the heel through a series of bizarre promos that they called wrestling to be fake. Moreover, there are strong rumors about Rousey that he will leave the WWE after WrestleMania, which automatically makes her a heel of the WWE universe. A one-on-one match would have gone well, but Charlotte has done a lot for the women's division in recent years, so it's hard to be upset that she's getting this prize.
Participants in the WrestleMania main event were thrilled to see that all their hard work paid off and rightly.
Conclusion: the only way to close WrestleMania this year is with the hand of Becky Lynch who gets up while the crowd goes crazy.
2. Yes, Gronk has had a great career and is a first Hall of Fame ballot who did surreal things on the field. But this will always be the favorite Gronk thing of all time.
3. Rocket launcher Noah Syndergaard called the Mets to schedule a workout, not an exhibition game, but a workout, in Syracuse, before the team headed to Washington to open the season against the Nationals. Obviously, Syndergaard is 100% correct here, but we especially like the sarcasm he used in his various quotes about this ridiculous situation.
4. If you are a baseball purist, jump to article n. 5, because this could make you angry. Phillies pitcher Cole Irvin showed a bit of personality and had a little fun, GASP!, while it is thrown out on Sundays. After throwing six straight balls to open the Philadelphia game against Baltimore, Irvin celebrated when he finally launched an attack and it was great.
5. CBS and Turner Sports can thank Zion Williamson and even more, legalized the sporting gamble, for the rankings of the first and second round NCAA tournaments.
6. The most recent SI Media Podcast presents an interview with the legendary Bill Raftery (which starts at the 39 minute mark). CBS's leading college basketball analyst talks about being in the business for 33 years, of the NCAA Tournament, of how he takes care of the first day, of how to prepare for games, of his famous slogans, retirement and technology.
I was joined by my colleague Jack Dickey for the first part of the podcast where we talked about all the latest news on sports media, including Mike Trout's contract, ESPN's Peyton Manning prosecution, the NFL overflow project and more. You can listen to the podcast below or download it to iTunes, Spotify and Google Play.
7. YOUTUBE RANDOM VIDEO OF THE DAY: L & # 39; Office he made his NBC debut 14 years ago, Sunday, March 24, 2005. It was then that we were introduced to the stapler gag.
Traina Thoughts is the best on the Internet, in addition to the thoughts of the SI.com writer, Jimmy Traina. Get the link to Trolling Thoughts every day following on Twitter and I like it on Facebook. Take the previous editions of Pensieri Traina right here. And make sure you listen and subscribe to the SI Media Podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina.
CLOSING: Responding to a report that WFAN was negotiating with a radio host to become Mike Francesa's partner, Francesa invited to tweet that she would face "outrageous misinformation and true lies", which she did by saying who is considering adding another person to his program, which has virtually confirmed the outrageous misinformation and lies, right?