Tributes have been paid to the fighter Rocky Johnson, the father of the actor and fighter Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson, who died at the age of 75.
World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) announced the death of the Hall of Fame member known as ‘Soul Man’, who was part of the first black-label team to become WWE champions.
– Robert Roode (@RealRobertRoode) January 16, 2020
WWE extended its condolences to “family, friends and fans.”
Born Wayde Douglas Bowles in Nova Scotia, Canada, Rocky Johnson began his wrestling career as a teenager and joined WWE, then the World Wrestling Federation (WWF), in 1983.
Together with Tony Atlas, he was part of the tag team known as ‘The Soul Patrol’, which won the WWF Tag Team Championship.
He retired from the ring in 1991 with his son Dwayne and then followed in his footsteps as The Rock.
These are some of the tributes to Rocky Johnson:
– Booker T. Huffman (@ BookerT5x) January 15, 2020
I am very sorry to hear the death of the great Rocky Johnson. Always a gentleman, I always enjoyed talking to him. My deepest condolences to his family, friends and the fans who loved him. A very sad day for wrestling.#RIPRockyJohnson pic.twitter.com/4agKbOzAry
– Mick Foley (@RealMickFoley) January 15, 2020
My heart is with the family of @The rock And that they send you prayers during this time! I’m sorry for your loss ! 🙏🏼 https://t.co/l78YnPMWep
– Dana Brooke WWE (@DanaBrookeWWE) January 15, 2020
I am very sorry to hear about the death of Rocky Johnson. We always had lovely talks and he always referred to me as “Mate.” My deepest condolences to all his family.
– William Regal (@RealKingRegal) January 16, 2020
BYE BROTHER ROCKY JOHNSON. I LOVE YOU FOREVER YOU ARE MY FAMILY. GOD BLESS YOU pic.twitter.com/43yc60Yh2u
– The iron sheikh (@the_ironsheik) January 15, 2020
– Duane Dog Chapman (@DogBountyHunter) January 16, 2020
– MC HAMMER (@MCHammer) January 15, 2020