Conversations about the real crisis increase as the palace explains why Meghan Markle did not telephone

Meghan Markle did not call for crisis talks about her and Prince Harry’s future role in the royal family, a Kensington Palace spokesman confirmed.

But it was not “excluded” from the meeting as reported in the British press, the spokesman said.

The Duchess of Sussex was in Canada with her eight-month-old son Archie on Monday when the queen, Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince Harry met at the family’s Sandringham estate to discuss Sussex’s desire to move to North America and become more independent.

Meghan was expected to call the meeting via Skype, but the family finally decided they didn’t need it, said a Kensington Palace official..

“In the end, the Sussex decided that it was not necessary for the duchess to join,” they said.

Previously, real sources had told local media that she was blocked from the talks for fear that her call could be intercepted or recorded.

The 90-minute meeting in Norfolk ended with a direct statement from the Queen on Monday.

“Today my family had very constructive discussions about the future of my grandson and his family,” he said.

“These are complex issues that my family must resolve, and there is still work to be done, but I have asked for final decisions to be made in the next few days,” he added.

RELATED: Message hidden in Harry and Meghan’s statement

RELATED: Hot Questions from the High Risk Summit

Prince Felipe, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duchess of Cambridge also did not participate in the discussions, which took place within the Long Library of the estate, according to Hello magazine.

But each of the four heads of family was accompanied by their private secretaries, including Sir Edward Young for the Queen, Clive Alderton for Prince Charles, Simon Case for Prince William and Fiona Mcilwham for Prince Harry.

According to reports, Ms. Mcilwham, who worked for the United Kingdom Office of Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs before joining the Sussex family, joked with her colleagues about the latest drama.

“I was offered the Iran desk [at the FCO]. That could have been easier. “

With the clock now ready, negotiations began at full speed on Tuesday.

Prince Harry is scheduled to host the Rugby League World Cup draws for the 2021 men’s, women’s and wheelchair tournaments at Buckingham Palace on Thursday, but he is expected to return to Canada.

In an interview with him Global news television network, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau also confirmed that his government was now involved.

“I think most Canadians are very supportive of having royals here, but what does that look like and what kind of costs are involved, there are still many discussions to keep,” he said.

“There are still many decisions that the royal family must make, the Sussex themselves as to what level of commitment they choose to have.”

One of the main problems still to be solved, for example, is the cost of the couple’s security and who should pay it.

On Monday, Canadian finance minister Bill Morneau said the government had not yet decided whether it would help pay the bill.

“Obviously, we are always looking to ensure that, as a member of the Commonwealth, which play a role. (But) we have not had any discussion on that subject at this time, “he told reporters.

Meanwhile, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson refused to speak during an interview with the BBC breakfast on Tuesday morning (UK time).

“My point of view on this is very simple,” he said.

“I am a big fan, like most of our viewers, of the Queen and the royal family as a fantastic asset for our country.

“I am absolutely certain that they will solve this. But they will solve it much more easily without a comment from politicians.”

Prince William was seen with a stone face as he prepared to continue his royal duties on Tuesday.

But former BBC correspondent Peter Hunt said his youngest children, four-year-old Princess Charlotte and one-year-old Prince Louis, can benefit from Sussex’s demand for additional freedom in the future.

“Harry and Meghan are breaking the mold of what it means to be a member of royalty. Charlotte and Louis may well thank you in the future, ”he tweeted.

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *