Home Entertainment CARD. Our 10 favorites to visit in the Hauts-de-France for Heritage Days

CARD. Our 10 favorites to visit in the Hauts-de-France for Heritage Days

Hundreds of monuments from Hauts-de-France open their doors this weekend for the 35th edition of the European Heritage Days. Places to visit throughout the year and others that are accessible to the public once a year.

With this card you will undoubtedly find your happiness. You can perform a geographical or thematic search by date and / or type of target group. All activities – guided tours, workshops, conferences – are mentioned.

The web editor of France 3 Hauts-de-France also gives you its 6 favorites, from the most unusual to the most spectacular. One per department and a bonus !!

1- Pedagogical: the brush of Tracy-le-Mont in the Oise

From the middle of the nineteenth century to the war of 14-18, the Oise department was the world capital of the brush. In Tracy-le-Mont, the Commelin-Brenier company was one of the 9 active brushes that have made the city's reputation. With a maximum of 400 people, she specialized in fine cleaning.
The activity stopped in 1955. Nowadays, a brewer, a blacksmith and a small auditorium occupy some buildings. But the site should have a renaissance: it is the property of an association that wants to revive it by setting up a large museum dedicated to cleaning.
First step: the rehabilitation of an exceptional building and can even be unique, an identifiable drier thanks to the characteristic ventilation openings. It was chosen by the Bern Mission as Heritage in Danger.
With an area of ​​200m² it was used to store months of precious forests and bones of cattle. The association already has a very small part of the 10,000 objects it owns.

Visits on Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 September from 10.00 to 12.00 and from 14.00 to 17.00.

Information: 06 59 29 75 66

2- Amazing: the old prison of Dunkirk in the north

It is one of the oldest and most unusual prisons in the Hauts-de-France. The communal prison of Dunkirk, located in fact in Bourbourg, dates back to the sixteenth century. Everything in Flemish bricks, it has been classified in historical monuments since 1972. You will be able to discover cells on the floor and dungeons with double door in oak in the basement, all perfectly intact.

Free and free visits:

  • Saturday, September 15 from 9:00 to 12:00 and from 13:30 to 17:30
  • Sunday, September 16 from 2:00 PM to 5:30 PM

Information: +33 (0) 3 28 65 83 83

3- Unusually: the fortified Saint-Médard church in Parfondeval in the Aisne

Parfondeval is arranged below the "most beautiful villages in France"but the local star is the 16th-century church, lurking at the bottom of the square. Increased, it reveals its charms only to the most reckless. To see it better, you have to do funny gymnastics exercises. The neighboring houses, in red brick, capped with slates, seem to pull an uninterrupted fence. The building has been classified as a historic monument since 1995.

For the Heritage Days, a tour of the church, the temple and the old mill is proposed for the visit.

Free visits on Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 September from 2 to 7 pm.

Information: 03 23 97 71 57

4- Unpublished: the art brewery in Foncquevillers in Pas-de-Calais

This old artisan brewery has a center for contemporary art. The brick building with its vaulted ceiling of 50 meters houses several rooms: from the stable for the supply of beer barrels to the large maceration room. The location of the brewhouse is clearly visible, as is graffiti from the passage of the English and German soldiers during the last two wars. Traces of the past can be read here and there. Cellars are distributed over the entire length.

On Sunday 16 September 2018, from 3 to 6 pm, artist Louise Desbrusses organizes a participatory workshop for all target groups around the tree. Provide comfortable clothing, socks, a plaid, a notepad and something to write.

Information: 06 87 91 57 82

5- Spectacular: the Basilica of Our Lady from Brebières to Albert in the Somme

For more than 120 years, the basilica has dominated the city of Albert with its impressive shape. It was built as a shop window for a statue that was discovered here by a shepherd in the 12th century. A statue quickly attributed to miraculous healings, a blessing for the ancient city of Picardy, which attracts many pilgrims en masse by the ever-growing fame of the place. At the end of the 19th century, Anicet Goddess, the priest of the parish, decided to build a new church with monumental dimensions. To finance it, he uses donations and does not hesitate to travel to Rome.

The site is so important that the king gives a gold and silver screed, unfortunately inaccessible to the public. It is Edmond Duthoit, an architect from Amiens, who designs and realizes the shape and decoration of the building.

Eastern art dominates here. Gilding, marbling and enameling transport us to the imaginary world of Arabian nights. And at the top, the work of the famous sculptor Amiénois Albert Pink, the golden virgin made and placed on the top of the basilica on July 13, 1897. It is covered with 40,000 gold leaf. The bell tower rises to 62 meters high, the dome measures 10 meters, the Virgin Dorée measures 5 meters and the child measures 1.85 meters. In total, the basilica is 78 meters high; 38.7 meters wide and 83.5 meters long.

Climbing the bell tower: 2 € per adult; € 1 per child

6 – Panoramic: the Belfry of Saint-Éloi in Dunkirk

This blond brick and gothic tower was probably built in 1233 to serve as a lighthouse for the city.

In the middle of the fifteenth century the church was raised to its present size to the bell tower of the church of Saint Eloi, which was destroyed in 1558. The intact bell tower is isolated from the church that was rebuilt in the seventeenth century. The belfry, which houses the carillon and the bells of Saint Eloi, will serve as a watchtower until 1940.

It is the oldest monument in the city and an architectural achievement since the foundations measure only one meter for 58 meters high. From above we have a beautiful view of the Dunkerquois.

Departure of visits every 30 minutes.
Saturday and Sunday from 10.00 to 11.30 and from 14.00 to 17.30.

Heritage Days: visit the belfry of Dunkirk!

7- History: Fort Leveau in Feignies

Fort Leveau was built between 1882 and 1884 and is one of the six forts built to defend Maubeuge, both during the first and the second world war. The fort was heavily bombed in September 1914 during the siege of the fort, where nearly 120 men died.

The visitor can discover the history of the stronghold, but also the daily life of the soldiers of the First World War.

Renovated since 2014, the drawbridge works just like the time of its creation by hand!

Free visit. Saturday from 2 PM to 6 PM and on Sunday from 9 AM to 6 PM

Heritage Days: visit the Leveau fort and drawbridge in Feignies

8- Bright: the Petit-Fort-Philippe lighthouse

The lighthouse at Petit-Fort-Philippe lit the entrance to the canal from 1843 to 1985 and is now open to visitors.

The climb to the top (116 mud paths!) Is limited to five people and gives enough to have a 360 ° view of the city.

Free visit.
Saturday from 2 PM to 6 PM and Sunday from 10 AM to 12.30 PM and from 2 PM to 6 PM.

Heritage Days: visit the Petit-Fort-Philippe lighthouse

9- Hygienic: the bath showers from Dunkirk

This swimming pool was opened in 1896, but closed to the public for more than forty years, it opens its doors mainly on the occasion of the Heritage Days.

The remains of the Dunkirk baths bear witness to the very social past in which it was not only, but also clothing.

Registration required.
Group tours of 30 min, departure on Saturday at 10 am, 11 am, 2.30 pm, 3.30 pm and 4.30 pm; Sunday at 14.30, 15.30 and 16.30.

Heritage Days: visit the seaside resorts of Dunkirk

10- Impressive bonus: the Kahl Burg in Tréport

Literally the "Bald Castle", this military work is a German fort dug into the limestone cliffs overlooking the Tréport. The Kahl Burg counts plus 300 meters of gallery and 32 rooms spread over 4 levels accessible via 225 steps. A gigantic and unique work, built in 1942 in response to operation Jubilee carried out in Dieppe in August of the same year.

The corridors were completely built with the ruins of the luxurious palace Trianon, which was bombed by the Germans in 1940. Every day a couple 200 prisoners work more than 12 hours to build the long corridors and the 32 rooms of the Kahl Burg. These are mainly local requirements, but also Ukrainian prisoners who will die because of the dozens of consequences of the bad treatment. They will be buried in the common grave of the Eu cemetery, where a stele today commemorates the memory. In 1944 the Allied D-Day ended the yard. For 60 years, what would be an important command post of the Atlantikwall, destined to receive sixty men, was abandoned. In 2001, a handful of enthusiasts, gathered in the association "The Wall of the Channel", decided to revive it.

Visit Saturday 15 September from 14.30 to 15.30.

Reservation on 06 74 00 76 80 or on 06-81-07-22-95

Special edition about France 3 Hauts-de-France

In addition to the reports broadcast on the linear antennae of France 3 Picardy and France 3 Nord-Pas-de-Calais, France 3 Hauts-de-France proposes to you a special program for European Heritage Days on Saturday 15 September at 20.15, presented by Kamini.

The host will introduce you to one of the jewels of the avant-garde architecture of our Villa Cavrois region. Dedicated to the demolition it was saved thanks to the will of these & # 39; heritage heroes & # 39; who managed to sensitize the government.

From Bethune to Compiegne, we also meet enthusiasts who have mobilized to save the prestigious heritage of the Hauts-de-France and revitalize.

The heritage heroes, Saturday 15 September at 8:15 pm on France 3 Hauts-de-France.

Must Read

Britney Spears checks in on the psychiatric institution about dad

The pop singer Britney Spears is said to be in a psychiatric hospital, because she is desperate about the health of her father. TMZ reported...

Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant AmEx: Last day for 100k-point offer?

Business Insider Charges may receive a commission from The Guy Affiliate Network In January, Marriott wrapped up a major rebranding of its loyalty...