Par Jerome Buresi
updated on 22 June 22 at 17:56
See my news
The association Les Heures Musicales de la Vallée de la Bresle is organizing the 23rd edition of early music workshops. They will take place from July 7 to 13, 2022.
Arlette Louchet, the president of the association, assures him: “It’s an unmissable event in the summer between Picardy and Normandy”.
The theme of this new version is “liquid”. Jean-Pierre Menuge, artistic director of the association, explains: “The sea and its legends have inspired composers of all eras. The music of the 17th and 18th centuries teems with liquid evocations. It is impossible not to mention, Bach, whose name means stream in German”.
A music course
The event first takes the form of a course bringing together musicians of all ages and all levels who wish to perfect their musical techniques. “We will have 29 participants this summer, the youngest of whom is 13,” says Jean-Pierre Menuge.
They will be accompanied by international musicians from Norway, Mexico, Portugal and France. These educational activities take place at the music school of Treport, in Seine-Maritime
The concert program
The general public will be able to attend concerts offered by professional musicians between July 7 and 12.
The programs will be very different, allowing you to hear well-known composers such as Bach, Handel or Vivaldi, and other more forgotten ones.
The association varies the proposals by organizing an activity on the Somme canal in Long or by offering excerpts from Handel’s opera Acis et Galathée at Seas-les-Bains July 11 and Crotoy July 12.
The full program:
- Thursday 7 July, at 8.45 p.m., at the Temple of Lunerayclose to Dieppe.
- Friday July 8, at 8:45 p.m., in the Saint-Jacques church in Tréport.
- Saturday July 9, at 8.45 p.m., in the collegiate church of Eu.
- Sunday July 10, at 4.30 p.m., entertainment on the Somme canal at Long then at 6.30 p.m., concert in the Saint-Jean-Baptiste church. From 8 p.m., meal in the company of the musicians, by reservation.
- Monday July 11, at 8.45 p.m., in the Saint-Martin church in Mers-les-Bains.
- Tuesday July 12, at 8.45 p.m., in the church of Saint-Pierre du Crotoy.
The program will end with free concerts proposed by the trainees of the workshops.
They will take place on Wednesday July 13, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Château d’Eu, in the Salle du Carrosse, and from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., in the Saint-Jacques church in Tréport.
Was this article helpful to you? Note that you can follow L’Informateur d’Eu in the My News section. In one click, after registration, you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.