The chamber music festival, Concerts aux Îles du Bic, begins today and will continue until Sunday, August 14.
In the program :
- “Dvořák… the dancing heart”, Saturday August 6 at 4 p.m.
- Carte blanche to Charles Richard-Hamelin, Sunday, August 7 at 4 p.m.
- Nuit Blanche – Fortin-Poirier duo, Wednesday, August 10 at 8 p.m.
- “The Act of Beauty; music and images”, Thursday, August 11 at 8 p.m.
- “The ball at Laïka”, Friday August 12 at 4 p.m.
- “Thuya and the Fantasy of the Americas”, Friday, August 12 at 9 p.m.
- “Trio con moto”, Saturday August 13 at 10 a.m.
- “A song for the earth”, Saturday August 13 at 8 p.m.
This is the 21st season of the festival.
Since 2002, Concerts aux Îles du Bic brings together, under the sign of friendship, professional and emerging artists for unique concerts. The musicians, gathered in ephemeral chamber music ensembles, perform famous or unpublished works in the enchanting setting of the Bic Islands.
The meeting of the performers, combined with the splendor of the place and the proximity of nature, make the distinction of Concerts aux Îles du Bic among the chamber music festivals in Quebec.
The only chamber music festival in Eastern Quebec, the event has won numerous honours, including seven Opus prizes.